Weird Time for Christians

Just now, Oade said:

Religious governing body's, like the Vatican, sure. But apart from God? Nope, not at all.

It does outline the fact that we shouldn't harm, prohibit, or discriminate against anyone from any religion, for any reason really. But of course, that's one of the bedrocks of Christianity, I'm pretty confident the founders were aware of that.

It is not a Christian Constitution nor should it be and thats that. And I am Christian. Thats half the reason people were leaving England for America, religion in politics. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Oade said:

Lol, have you read this thread moraine?

You're not that oblivious.

You quoted BlitzFirst. He didn't mention a political party or even any policies by either party. It's obvious from his post he doesn't want either political party to do this. Not everyone who replies has to have the same opinion as those who replied before them. He never once claimed the Democrats are doing that was endorsed by Jesus. In fact he's saying that should be irrelevant.

Again, it would be nice if you got out of attack mode and started just arguing for or against what people are posting. I know others are guilty of the same on occasion, including myself, but almost all of your posts have been this way so far.

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

It is not a Christian Constitution nor should it be and thats that. And I am Christian. Thats half the reason people were leaving England for America, religion in politics. 

No, it definitely is, that's not to say all religions aren't encouraged or allowed. It's just that atheism, Satanism, and Buddhism had less input than Christ in our constitution. 

Just now, Oade said:

No, it definitely is, that's not to say all religions aren't encouraged or allowed. It's just that atheism, Satanism, and Buddhism had less input than Christ in our constitution. 

No its definitely not. Those values that the Constitution are based on are pretty universal across many religions around the globe. Have you ever heard of seperation of church and state? That was very important to our Founding Fathers, and with good reason.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

You quoted BlitzFirst. He didn't mention a political party or even any policies by either party. It's obvious from his post he doesn't want either political party to do this. Not everyone who replies has to have the same opinion as those who replied before them. He never once claimed the Democrats are doing that was endorsed by Jesus. In fact he's saying that should be irrelevant.

Again, it would be nice if you got out of attack mode and started just arguing for or against what people are posting. I know others are guilty of the same on occasion, including myself, but almost all of your posts have been this way so far.

You make some good points. But c'mon, you know the general tenor of this thread, right?

Play nice. Lol... If I had all the words to explain, I would gladly do so, but I can't explain Christianity in two or three posts. My recommendation would be to maybe go to church, and truly try to live a Christian life style (not a secular Christian life style)  if anyone is curious about understanding Christians issues. 

12 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

No its definitely not. Those values that the Constitution are based on are pretty universal across many religions around the globe. Have you ever heard of seperation of church and state? That was very important to our Founding Fathers, and with good reason.

Yes separate from religious bodies, like the Vatican.... Not separate from citizens freely reflecting their religious morals and culture upon their vote.

No room whatsoever for Christians having Christian culture affect their vote? No way should the bible be applied in American politics?.... Am I only supposed to be Christian from 7-11am on Sunday mornings? And not at all on voting day?..... Bizarro world, I tell ya.

2 minutes ago, Oade said:

Yes separate from religious bodies, like the Vatican.... Not separate from citizens freely reflecting their religious morals and culture upon their vote.

No room whatsoever for Christians having Christian culture affect their vote? No way should the bible be applied in American politics?.... Am I only supposed to be Christian from 7-11am on Sunday mornings? And not at all on voting day?..... Bizarro world, I tell ya.

Not by a politician, that is unless you want the Koran applied as well. Not sure how the Constitution not being a christian constitution affects any of that other stuff. Do you work in government? Do you make government decisions off the basis of your faith? If not then you can do whatever you please concerning your faith. Isn't freedom of religion wonderful?

I have examined all the known superstitions of the world, and I do not find in our particular superstition of christianity one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fable and mythology. -Thomas Jefferson

Christianity neither is, nor ever was part of the common law. -Thomas Jefferson

Christianity is the most perverted system ever shone on man. -Thomas Jefferson

The goverment of the United States is not in any sense founded on the christian religion. -John Adams

All national institutions of churches whether jewish, christian or turkish appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind and monopolize power and profit. -Thomas Payne

Religion and govt. will both exist in greater purity the less they are mixed together. -James Madison

The way to see faith is to shut the eye of reason. -Ben Franklin

Along with these quotes that CLEARLY show the US was not founded on the christian religion, the ONLY time religion is even mentioned in the constitution is in the first amendment: congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. Nowhere else in the US Constitution is religion or christianity mentioned. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 5
11 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Not by a politician, that is unless you want the Koran applied as well. Not sure how the Constitution not being a christian constitution affects any of that other stuff. Do you work in government? Do you make government decisions off the basis of your faith? If not then you can do whatever you please concerning your faith. Isn't freedom of religion wonderful?

Unless I want the Koran applied as well? Is that the Democratic fear mongering/propaganda seeping through? Do you assume I'm against non Christians from having a vote/voice?

Plenty of politicians have been sworn in on the Koran, because ya know, God has a place in American politics. 

Is a politician supposed to give up their religions when they're voted into office? If so I'll let you tell the Jews and Muslims to not wear their religious cap and scarves during business hours.... Of course they can vote and lead with their religious views (might be why they were elected in the first place Idk), so long as they don't infringe on the rights of others....  But again, that's one of the bedrocks of Christianity.

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, Oade said:

Unless I want the Koran applied as well? Is that the Democratic fear mongering/propaganda seeping through? Do you assume I'm against non Christians from having a vote/voice?

Plenty of politicians have been sworn in on the Koran, because ya know, God has a place in American politics. 

Is a politician supposed to give up their religions when they're voted into office? If so I'll let you tell the Jews and Muslims to not wear their religious cap and scarves during business hours.... Of course they can vote and lead with their religious views (might be why they were elected in the first place Idk), so long as they don't infringe on the rights of others....  But again, that's one of the bedrocks of Christianity.

This isn't what I'm saying but you're a pro at misconstruing the whole point. I'm not going to argue with you. The Constitution isn't Christian any more than it is Buddist, Islamic or anything else, thats all I'm really trying to say and I'll leave it at that 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

This isn't what I'm saying but you're a pro at misconstruing the whole point. I'm not going to argue with you. The Constitution isn't Christian any more than it is Buddist, Islamic or anything else, thats all I'm really trying to say and I'll leave it at that 

Sure it is, but ok, I'm tired of chatting too. You have a good evening.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Oade said:

Sure it is, but ok, I'm tired of chatting too. You have a good evening.

I have examined all the known superstitions of the world, and I do not find in our particular superstition of christianity one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fable and mythology. -Thomas Jefferson

The goverment of the United States is not in any sense founded on the christian religion. -John Adams

All national institutions of churches whether jewish, christian or turkish appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind and monopolize power and profit. -Thomas Payne

Religion and govt. will both exist in greater purity the less they are mixed together. -James Madison

Along with these quotes that CLEARLY show the US was not founded on the christian religion, the ONLY time religion is even mentioned in the constitution is in the first amendment: congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. Nowhere else in the US Constitution is religion or christianity mentioned. 

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Yeah, no, I read it the first time. It was a dumb post then too.

I'm not one to quote others, I'd rather go back and forth with dumb jokes tbh.

Those quotes don't clearly show anything other than we all have personal political and religious views. Even way back when... I can go find some pro Christian quotes too, but you'd forget them as quickly as I'm going to forget yours.

• Plus1 1
Just now, BlitzFirst said:

Go find those Christian quotes that prove the founders of our country wanted the Constitution to be Christian please.  You made the claim you could, thus I'd like you to prove it instead of just claiming it.

You. I didn't say they "wanted" it to be Christian. It is Christian though.

• Plus1 1