Weird Time for Christians

On 7/27/2019 at 6:31 PM, Oade said:

On Friday at work, my openly gay boss came up to me and told me a joke about pedo priests.

Of course I try to live a Catholic lifestyle, so I just had to tell him "thats not funny, it's dumb", and walk away for a little cool down.

It was basically the end of the day on Friday, so I decided if I'm going to raise hell with HR, I'd do it on Monday in I still feel compelled.

On 7/27/2019 at 7:58 PM, Landlord said:

I agree it's not funny. The Catholic church is the #1 child f#&%ing organization in the history of mankind. There's nothing funny about that.

But just to be clear that isn't what you mean by living a Catholic lifestyle, right? 

@BigRedBusteralso, just for a point of reference, I didn't make an implication that Oade was possibly a pedophile or possibly condoned such actions by the Catholic Church. That is much more harsh than what I posted.

Though considering how Oade had been treating posters engaging him at this point, I couldn't help but laugh at the comment Landlord made. Hade Oade been more civil and contrite, then I'd feel differently about reading that dig. 

Just now, VectorVictor said:

@BigRedBusteralso, just for a point of reference, I didn't make an implication that the poster was possibly a pedophile or condoned such actions by the Catholic Church. 

That is much more harsh than what I posted. Though considering how Oade had been treating posters engaging him at this point, I couldn't help but laugh. Hade Oade been more civil and contrite, then I'd feel differently about reading that dig. 

I think telling someone to STFU or GTFO is out of line.  He made a claim and didn't back it up.  It's not like he offended you in any way.

I'll leave it at that.  You disagree. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think telling someone to STFU or GTFO is out of line.  He made a claim and didn't back it up.  It's not like he offended you in any way.

I'll leave it at that.  You disagree. 

And he came back and mocked the points that were supported with evidence. That goes from having a civil discourse to being a troll. 

2 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

And he came back and mocked the points that were supported with evidence. That goes from having a civil discourse to being a troll. 

You're going to tell everyone who mocks a response and doesn't back up their claim to STFU and GTFO?

You're going to be pretty lonely in here.

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You're going to tell everyone who mocks a response and doesn't back up their claim to STFU and GTFO?

You're going to be pretty lonely in here.

No, just blatant trolls.

But if it makes you feel better, I'll go back and change it. 

There--I changed it. Hope you're happy now. 

This doesn't exactly belong in this thread, but it's not worth its own thread.

We all understand this is not all Christians, and it's not posted here to mock Christians, but it deals with Christianity (at least as this woman sees it) so it has to go in this forum.

Anyway, don't any of you sane Christians take offense to this. We know this doesn't represent you. But everyone's gotta listen to this woman.

9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

We all understand this is not all Christians, and it's not posted here to mock Christians, but it deals with Christianity (at least as this woman sees it) so it has to go in this forum.

Anyway, don't any of you sane Christians take offense to this. We know this doesn't represent you. But everyone's gotta listen to this woman.

She is an example of so much of what is wrong with American Christianity. 

11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

She could easily win a congressional seat in any number of red states. Vote for Monster lady!

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/9/2019 at 10:46 AM, knapplc said:

There aren't enough words. 

This is how the devil gets into the Christian home - by drinking Monster so says this lady.  Actually, it is from believing lies, strongholds of stupidity like this lady has demonstrated.  She stands there smugly and all so proudly declaring the product is satanic in nature.    She said at the end that Jesus said "My people perish for the lack of knowledge."  No that is an OT quote.   However, Jesus did say "It is not that which you put into the body (Monster drink for example) that defiles you but that which comes out of the body." Matthew 15:11.  Speaking of our words, attitudes and actions.  Too much of American Christianity theology is based around a wrong reading of 'end time' scripture - Revelations, 2nd Thessalonians (BTW, not TWO Thessalonians Mr Trump), especially.  So too many are looking for the 'escape hatch' and teaching nonsense instead of investing in making this world a better place and advancing Christ's kingdom.    

11 it is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.” 12 Then the disciples came and said to him, “Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this saying?” 13 He answered, “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be rooted up. 14 Let them alone; they are blind guides.[a] And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.” 15 But Peter said to him, “Explain the parable to us.” 16 And he said, “Are you also still without understanding? 17 Do you not see that whatever goes into the mouth passes into the stomach and is expelled?[b] 18 But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander. 20 These are what defile a person. But to eat with unwashed hands does not defile anyone.”

• Plus1 1