Weird Time for Christians

37 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I'm sure you can write the check for that one :D     That would be a great place for it.

Let's see here... At $5M for 30 seconds, that'll be a cool $25M for the full run. I might have to delve into one of my Cayman accounts for that much coin.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is an amazing, powerful song by an artist who is targeting evangelical leaders and calling them to 'come home' - back to the truth, back to the Gospel.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/daniel-deitrich-evangelical-anti-trump-song_n_5e3114ebc5b6e8375f64ce56

The song’s title refers to the 81% of evangelicals who voted for Trump in the 2016 presidential election. Since then, they’ve remained one of his most consistent group of supporters despite the chasm between core biblical tenets and the president’s behavior and policies.

“Even after enacting deliberately cruel policies to rip families apart and put children in cages at the southern border, evangelical support is as fervent as ever,” Deitrich, who is listed as the pastor for arts and worship at South Bend City Church in Indiana, wrote on YouTube. 

Deitrich also noted that he was raised on Christian values. 

“I learned to take the words of Jesus seriously ― love God, love your neighbor, feed the hungry, fight for justice for the oppressed. I thought that things like love, kindness, gentleness, and self-control MATTERED,” he wrote. “I have been so confused and deeply saddened by the unflinching loyalty to a man who so clearly embodies the opposite of these values.”

Deitrich told RNS that while the song was a rebuke, it “comes from a deep well of love.”

Indeed, one line of the song is: “You said to love the lost, so I’m loving you now.” But the next line puts evangelical Christians who support Trump on notice:

You said speak the truth

I’m calling you out
Why don’t you live the words
That you put in my mouth

Deitrich said the song’s bridge originally was “an angry middle finger to the listener” that he found cathartic, but he toned it down in the final version. 

“I remember gearing up for that angry bridge but being hit with a wave of sadness instead,” he told RNS. ”‘Come home, you taught me better than this’ came out. That’s the take in the finished recording.” 

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

He has it backwards --  The church is meant for the people and not the people are meant for the church.  In other words, the church is to be a place of help and support at this time -  if people can't afford to give at this time then the church should step in to assist.  But this is typical prosperity gospel (false) teaching from these hypocrites - give and your pot of gold will be waiting for you.  Well Copeland, not everyone has a mail list of old folks who are easily persuaded by your manipulative gospel.  By the way I wonder if he will donate one of his jet airplanes to help finance the needed medical supplies. :dunno   Call me cynical  but I despise these kind of guys that misrepresent what the Christian faith is all about.  They are the true deplorables.  :boxosoap

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1