Weird Time for Christians

52 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

He has it backwards --  The church is meant for the people and not the people are meant for the church.  In other words, the church is to be a place of help and support at this time -  if people can't afford to give at this time then the church should step in to assist.  But this is typical prosperity gospel (false) teaching from these hypocrites - give and your pot of gold will be waiting for you.  Well Copeland, not everyone has a mail list of old folks who are easily persuaded by your manipulative gospel.  By the way I wonder if he will donate one of his jet airplanes to help finance the needed medical supplies. :dunno   Call me cynical  but I despise these kind of guys that misrepresent what the Christian faith is all about.  They are the true deplorables.  :boxosoap

He has multiple private jets.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Cant wait for the day this virus is eradicated from the Earth.

Which virus - C-19 or stupid religious people? (note: just singling out the stupid religious people - most are smart and don't say/do these stupid things and are following Romans 13 - OBEY YOUR GOVERNING AUTHORITIES). 

These stupid ones are actually disobeying the word of God that they say they are upholding. 

10 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Which virus - C-19 or stupid religious people? (note: just singling out the stupid religious people - most are smart and don't say/do these stupid things and are following Romans 13 - OBEY YOUR GOVERNING AUTHORITIES). 

These stupid ones are actually disobeying the word of God that they say they are upholding. 

Organized religion of all forms. Belief in God is different than organized religion. People can worship whatever god the choose on their own without listening to these money hungry morons who will lead vulnerable and scared people down the wrong path. 

• Plus1 3
24 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

The hits just keep coming for the christian religion. And people wonder why religion is a dying breed. Cant wait for the day this virus is eradicated from the Earth.  

The ONLY reason this idiot would do this is because his donations have dropped off and he needs to hold this so people will give him money.

He's a disgusting piece of crap.  And..you're right.  Stuff like this is exactly why people are turned off by religion.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Organized religion of all forms. Belief in God is different than organized religion. People can worship whatever god the choose on their own without listening to these money hungry morons who will lead vulnerable and scared people down the wrong path. 

I disagree with your blanket, broad brush approach.  Many organized religious groups are doing great work helping people around the world.  It takes organization to get big things done.  And yes, even within such organizations, there are nut jobs and bad people but broad brushing doesn't help.  Any large group is also somewhat reflective of society as a whole.   I could say the same thing about all govt organizations, or all private organizations - many do good work and there are nut jobs in govt and other types of private organizations.  You know a family unit is an organization - and you'll find nut jobs in every family tree.    Don't let bad apples spoil the whole bushel in your view point. 

• Plus1 3
34 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

This echoes my personal views for some time...