Weird Time for Christians

On 12/29/2017 at 8:01 AM, NM11046 said:

Super good opinion piece in WaPo this morning:

I see the WP is continuing to churn out hit pieces on Christians while also ignoring the State Department and WH BLOCKING Christian organizations trying to get Christian Afgans out of Afghanistan to save them from the Taliban.  Why not cover that story??  There are neighboring Muslim countries willing to bring in the persecuted (soon to be executed) Christians yet our own State Department is doing everything they can to stop this.  And the media is silent.  Disgusting. 

• Plus1 3

4 minutes ago, Bledred said:

I see the WP is continuing to churn out hit pieces on Christians while also ignoring the State Department and WH BLOCKING Christian organizations trying to get Christian Afgans out of Afghanistan to save them from the Taliban.  Why not cover that story??  There are neighboring Muslim countries willing to bring in the persecuted (soon to be executed) Christians yet our own State Department is doing everything they can to stop this.  And the media is silent.  Disgusting. 

Got a link to any of this?

On 8/23/2021 at 9:33 AM, RedDenver said:

According to God's Word He can hear the secret thoughts of your heart.  So yes He can hear you.  In other news the size of the holes in your average face mask are far larger than the virus you are trying to not breath in, unless you have a N95 mask that is form fitted to your face. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

In other news the size of the holes in your average face mask are far larger than the virus you are trying to not breath in, unless you have a N95 mask that is form fitted to your face. 

You should research how covid-19 virus spreads through the air and learn why the virus size doesn't matter.

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Got a link to any of this?

A simple web search will give you want you seek:

State Dept. Order ‘Blocks’ Private Flights for Americans Conducting Unauthorized Rescue Missions to Afghanistan: Report

https://trendingpolitics.com/state-dept-order-blocks-private-flights-for-americans-conducting-unauthorized-rescue-missions-to-afghanistan-report-knab/

https://dailycaller.com/2021/08/30/ron-johnson-american-citizens-blocked-kabul-airport-state-department/

https://www.dailywire.com/news/wh-state-dept-reportedly-blocking-efforts-to-rescue-afghan-christians-out-and-out-evil

“In fact, an ambassador was called in Macedonia last night and told not to accept any of these people as we were trying to get them off of the tarmac here, to keep the airport flowing and getting these Christians out. We haven’t really been able to move anybody for about 12 hours. Our mission is now changing greatly. We have to send people into even greater danger to try to smuggle these Christians out, who are marked not just for death, but to be set on fire alive because they’re converted Christians.”

The main propaganda "news" we have in the US will not touch this with a 10 ft. pole.  They have an agenda (as does the State Dept.) as you can clearly see from the WP article. 

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

You should research how covid-19 virus spreads through the air and learn why the virus size doesn't matter.

What about your eyes?  Can you touch a surface with the virus and then touch your eyes and get sick?  I am pretty sure you can.  Social distancing is far more effective and far less destructive than masks.  Masks have been shown to be actually destructive when wearing for long periods of time.  It turns out that the human body is not designed to breath in its own carbon dioxide.  We as a world populace are going to find out that our children are going to have major lung damage and problems later in life because we thought we could stop a virus that is far smaller in size than anything you can smell through your mask.  Go ahead, try and smell potent things through your masks, I bet you can.  Can you smell viruses?  Nope. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Bledred said:

What about your eyes?  Can you touch a surface with the virus and then touch your eyes and get sick?  I am pretty sure you can.  Social distancing is far more effective and far less destructive than masks.  Masks have been shown to be actually destructive when wearing for long periods of time.  It turns out that the human body is not designed to breath in its own carbon dioxide.  We as a world populace are going to find out that our children are going to have major lung damage and problems later in life because we thought we could stop a virus that is far smaller in size than anything you can smell through your mask.  Go ahead, try and smell potent things through your masks, I bet you can.  Can you smell viruses?  Nope. 

Medical staff have been wearing masks for a century without issues. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

What about your eyes?  Can you touch a surface with the virus and then touch your eyes and get sick?  I am pretty sure you can.

This doesn't address the issue of whether virus size matters for masks. Yes, there are other mechanisms for the virus to spread.

Social distancing is far more effective and far less destructive than masks.

Agree that social distancing is more effective.

Masks have been shown to be actually destructive when wearing for long periods of time. 

False. There's a lot of unsupported conjecture/conspiracy theories that masks are bad for people, but the science shows that there's virtually no risk.

It turns out that the human body is not designed to breath in its own carbon dioxide.

True, but masks don't make you breath in a substantial amount of carbon dioxide. It's like saying that because your body can't exhale every bit of air in your lungs, throat, sinuses, and mouth that means you're breathing back in carbon dioxide, which is somehow going to be bad for you. Are people wearing scarves in winter now suddenly at a health risk? No, of course not.

We as a world populace are going to find out that our children are going to have major lung damage and problems later in life because we thought we could stop a virus that is far smaller in size than anything you can smell through your mask.  Go ahead, try and smell potent things through your masks, I bet you can.  Can you smell viruses?  Nope. 

Children are not having lung damage from masks. That's insane conspiracy theory stuff. But covid poses a real risk of lung damage for children (and people of all ages).

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Medical staff have been wearing masks for a century without issues. 

Asking the why question and critical thinking are imperative in this place.  Why are medical staff wearing masks?  I can tell you it is not to prevent them from getting an air borne virus that is more contagious than the common flu/cold.  Those parts of the hospital have people in full-body air tight bio suits.  Medical staff wear masks (during surgery and other up-close procedures) so that big stuff in their mouth (saliva, sneezing or coughing etc.) does not fall into or on the patient.  Yes, even medical staff can have a sneeze or cough that comes on so quick they do not have time to turn their head away.  My physician (and millions like him) never wears a mask during my yearly physical, standing right next to me checking my reflexes and listening to my heart, their office takes the correct approach in giving the individual the right, freedom, and choice to wear a mask or not.  Forcing people to do anything to their body against their will is totalitarianism, which is where we are at with the Fauci admitted ineffective masks.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

@Bledred here's an article from last year describing how N95 masks work and how they can counter-intuitively collect particles smaller than the holes in the mask (brownian motion and electrostatic adsorption):

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/06/11/fact-check-n-95-filters-not-too-large-stop-covid-19-particles/5343537002/

The physics of how tiny particles interact with a mask is much more complex than just comparing the size of the smallest hole in the mask to the size of the particle being filtered.