Weird Time for Christians

53 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I had very little hope that Trump was going to change.  He’s been a complete fraud his entire life and he doesn’t care about anyone else but himself.  That wasn’t going to change. 

True, but you (or anyone) would be lying if you claim to have always known he would be as bad as he has been. A fraud and narcissist, sure, but to the extent he has gone….I’m gonna say nobody knew he would go to the extremes he has. It still seems almost impossible.

8 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

True, but you (or anyone) would be lying if you claim to have always known he would be as bad as he has been. A fraud and narcissist, sure, but to the extent he has gone….I’m gonna say nobody knew he would go to the extremes he has. It still seems almost impossible.

Oh yes, he’s much worse than I had imagined. 

What had hoped was that his voters would realize the mistake and turn on him.  The amount of brainwashing that has happened has been a huge surprise. 

• Plus1 1

22 hours ago, Scarlet said:

My nightly prayer, "Dear Lord please send me to depths of the cauldron bubble for eternity so as I don't have to spend one more moment with these children of Jesus.  Amen"

I think Jesus had a thing or two to say about this kind of preacher/ "Christian" from his Sermon on the Mount and from his statements on the greatest commandments. 

I get tired of these false prophets who profess to know God and His will and yet couldn't be any further away from the nature of God or practicing His will.  The politicization of the Gospel by the religious right is cultish and occultism - it is a doctrine from hell binding up people into trusting a man, a govt and removing them from true Biblical living and significance.   It is a doctrine of hate and far from the gospel of love.

Matthew 5:

Blessed are the peacemakers,
    for they will be called children of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Love for Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[i] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Matthew 7:  1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

15 Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. (TG: Good description of this guy)16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

True and False Disciples

21 Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

What is the will of the Father? 

Matthew 22

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

The abuse of power by priests and pastors goes on all over the country. Here's yet another example. 

Church embraces pastor who admits to ‘adultery’ despite victim saying she was 16

On Sunday, Pastor John B. Lowe of New Life Christian Church in Warsaw, Indiana confessed to sexually assaulting a child decades ago.

Actually, he didn’t come out and say that. He only confessed to “adultery.” It was only when the victim took the stage moments later to correct the record—she was 16 and he assaulted her—that he finally acknowledged it.

And then the church embraced… the pastor.

You can see Rowe talking about how God wants to give you “the saving knowledge of Christ.” Seconds later, the video cuts out. The livestream is over.

But someone in the church audience kept recording the service on her phone, and that’s where everything took a bizarre turn. (This video was shared on Facebook by Maisey Cook. A rough transcript was published at OrangeBean.)

For a moment, some members of the congregation appeared to turn on the pastor. You can hear shouts of, “If you did it, you need to admit it.”

Lowe responded, “I told you I committed adultery. I told you it went on far too long.” Both points miss the bigger issue, though: He’s accused of sexually assaulting a child.

Confronted once again by a voice in the crowd, Lowe admitted she was 16. “It was wrong… That’s just the way it is… It’s not all true, but that did happen, yes.” He didn’t elaborate on what may not be true.

Then he closed with, “It’s been 20 years… I guess it doesn’t count for anything. We love them. I deeply hurt them. I deeply hurt you. I ask you to forgive me, and that’s all I can do.”

Others in the congregation shouted out, “We love you.” And then the church embraced him in a giant group prayer, laying their hands on him.

GroupHugWarsawChurch.png

Something similar happened at the church I used to attend. The pastor who founded it was caught having an affair with an adult member of the congregation. Both pastor and member were married. The woman's marriage broke up, and the pastor confessed. Members of the Synod were at the church when he confessed, along with nearly the entire congregation. After he confessed and the Synod guy said he could no longer be a pastor, several members of the congregation openly questioned why, and when the clergy explained, they talked about leaving the Missouri Synod and keeping the pastor. It was bizarre. After confessing his betrayal of the trust inherent in that position, several people wanted to keep him. 

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

7 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I saw that the other day. The dude in the shirt collar & jacket is telling the people they are going to take away their rights. "All of them." 

That's not America. All (are) created equal. That's pretty disgusting. 

• Plus1 2
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Friendly reminder on the heels of Juneteenth that this exists from one of the most influential evangelical voices of our generation:

Oh and then the sequel:

That guy actually rationalized the owning of another human being as a piece of property all the while masquerading as a Christian.  :facepalm:

A profit from a different religion put it better.  "Everyone bleeds red"