Weird Time for Christians

• 4 weeks later...

29 minutes ago, commando said:

does a church need shell companies?   i thought they didn't pay taxes anyway

This is interesting to me for two reasons.

A) Yes, a church should not need shell companies.

and,

B) This could have major impact on farmland in Nebraska since the Mormon Church is such a large land owner here.  Which, i've always had a problem with.

• 2 weeks later...

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

I caught this headline and at first thought this was the total for America.

It's just for Illinois. And it doesn't even cover all the instances of abuse, because one diocese flat refuses to cooperate.

Fw1ER5XaIAAbRMP?format=png&name=orig

Fw1E2cmacAUiV1-?format=png&name=orig

The "narrow road" to moral purity that is touted to be the only path which leads to a reduction in gun violence and everything else that ails our society seems to be a bit ineffective. 

• TBH 1
3 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

I wonder how many dozens of posts @DefenderAO will devote to this moral decline in America.

(He'll actually probably just say that Catholics have lost the way, unlike the 'real' Evangelical Christians)

Being a thread on Christianity and the immutability of the Bible.

2 Timothy 3:1-7
3 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people. For among them are those who creep into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and led astray by various passions, always learning and never able to arrive at a knowledge of the truth.

Thankfully there is always a redemption awaiting.  Rest for the weary.   Stone to flesh.  Death to life. 
  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

Jesus is indeed... epic.  

Matthew 11:28-30

28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
57 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Jesus is indeed... epic.  

Matthew 11:28-30

28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

He is. That is about the only thing I can agree with you about. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, swmohusker said:

He is. That is about the only thing I can agree with you about. 

Eternal common ground if the case...

I Cor 1:30

30 And because of him[a] you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1