Weird Time for Christians

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

On 10/26/2023 at 12:30 PM, BigRedBuster said:

As a Christian, this about makes my skin crawl.

Wait..so God's all powerful but he needs to go through Matt Gaetz to make Mike Johnson speaker to pass, or not, God's agenda?  Wouldn't an all powerful god just cut to the chase and do it himself?  Seems pretty easy for an entity who created the world in six days 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Wait..so God's all powerful but he needs to go through Matt Gaetz to make Mike Johnson speaker to pass, or not, God's agenda?  Wouldn't an all powerful god just cut to the chase and do it himself?  Seems pretty easy for an entity who created the world in six days 

To be honest, He's kinda dropping the ball on Gaza, too,.

According to the players He also took time to lead the Husker volleyball team's victory over Wisconsin. 

• Oh Yeah! 2
On 10/26/2023 at 1:30 PM, BigRedBuster said:

As a Christian, this about makes my skin crawl.

Sounds kind of Iranian doesn’t it:dunno

Me thinks that when the Old Testament said that God grieved :facepalm:that He had made man, He was looking ahead and saw Gaetz 

and the current GOP MAGA group as well as Kenneth Copeland. 

• TBH 1

10 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Sounds kind of Iranian doesn’t it:dunno

Me thinks that when the Old Testament said that God grieved :facepalm:that He had made man, He was looking ahead and saw Gaetz 

and the current GOP MAGA group as well as Kenneth Copeland. 

Isn't crazy that even thousands of years ago, humans recognized our species sucks?

Capable of some great things.  But at the same time, just awful!

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Isn't crazy that even thousands of years ago, humans recognized our species sucks?

Capable of some great things.  But at the same time, just awful!

It is amazing when one thinks about it - there is a lot of good to be grateful for.  I think of amazing things we do with medicine and health, the arts, great inventions and most importantly the compassion people can show towards others - but then along comes these Neanderthals  - whether the Neanderthal's name is Putin, Trump, Gaetz, Hitler or a number of communist leaders or right wing fascists or Islamic terrorists.  Then it is up to the good to once again conqueror the evil.   Good must always rise up, be prepared and present truth to overcome the lies. There really is a 'cosmic' battle - it is played out in the geo-political arena, the halls of Congress, the courts, schools, and even in our own lives.  Just imagine the good that could be done wt the money if it (trillions of $$s spent world wide) could be used for other things besides bombs and rifles. That really would be a Utopia. 

28 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

It is amazing when one thinks about it - there is a lot of good to be grateful for.  I think of amazing things we do with medicine and health, the arts, great inventions and most importantly the compassion people can show towards others - but then along comes these Neanderthals  - whether the Neanderthal's name is Putin, Trump, Gaetz, Hitler or a number of communist leaders or right wing fascists or Islamic terrorists.  Then it is up to the good to once again conqueror the evil.   Good must always rise up, be prepared and present truth to overcome the lies. There really is a 'cosmic' battle - it is played out in the geo-political arena, the halls of Congress, the courts, schools, and even in our own lives.  Just imagine the good that could be done wt the money if it (trillions of $$s spent world wide) could be used for other things besides bombs and rifles. That really would be a Utopia. 

Even in your utopia, humans need money to advance the good...that's sad.

• 1 month later...