Weird Time for Christians

2 hours ago, Bledred said:

You keep quoting USA TODAY as a source to debunk a medical journal.  If you presented this to any higher educational system you would be laughed out of the room.  Sorry, but journalists are not medical experts.  Also 'Reaction Watch' is a blog....A BLOG.  And I am the one pushing 'misleading info' and 'false information'?

Your own article debunks itself and the paper it's based on.

The USA Today link is an article about the paper cited above and why it was retracted by the journal.

And it's "Retraction Watch" (not reaction) - a site that tracks journal papers that get retracted, which is pertinent in this case.

2 hours ago, Bledred said:

Just because there are no long-term studies on the effects of masks worn by every age group, pregnant women, people with disabilities, people with lung problems, does not mean that there are long-term negative effects of forcing every man, women, and child on earth to wear masks for most of their daily lives for years on end.  To think otherwise is illogical at best. 

FIFY

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Bledred said:

Just because there are no long-term studies on the effects of masks worn by every age group, pregnant women, people with disabilities, people with lung problems, does not mean that there is also no long-term negative effects of forcing every man, women, and child on earth to wear masks for most of their daily lives for years on end.  To think otherwise is illogical at best. 

to assume that masks won't help protect people from the long term effects of covid is illogical at best.

• Plus1 3
13 hours ago, Bledred said:

How is it that you believe a virus can easily enter a mask but not easily exit a mask?  

I never said that :lol:

But nonetheless, how I can believe that is actually very, very simple. The force of air conditioning or normal wind is a few miles per hour. A cough can get up to 50mph, and a sneeze can get up to 100mph. 

• Plus1 2
  • 4 weeks later...

White evangelicals are often seen as a solidly Republican voting bloc. In the 2020 election, 84 percent of them voted for Donald Trump. In fact, according to the Pew Research Center, many of Trump’s supporters began identifying as evangelical during his presidency.

But white evangelicals aren’t a monolith. In our first episode of Political Outliers, meet two devout evangelicals who were raised in conservative households, but are now self-proclaimed “progressives.” They both say that their political views became more liberal as they immersed themselves deeper into their faith.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

They both say that their political views became more liberal as they immersed themselves deeper into their faith.

Any Christian who is not liberal does not follow the teachings of Christ. Nothing about Christ's ministry fits into American Conservatism. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Well, I finally did it and it felt weird.

I officially told the pastor at our last church that my kids won’t be attending Confirmation.

Although it was weird, it wasn’t difficult.  Kind of surprised me.

I’m more nervous about telling my parents than an “all powerful god”.  Kinda tells us what we need to know about religion, huh?

• Plus1 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wish I could say this is even 1% surprising...

https://www.propublica.org/article/the-liberty-way-how-liberty-university-discourages-and-dismisses-students-reports-of-sexual-assaults

“The Liberty Way”: How Liberty University Discourages and Dismisses Students’ Reports of Sexual Assaults

Liberty officials did not respond to detailed questions sent weeks ago. But one person who received them did ultimately reply: Scott Lamb, who was Liberty University’s senior vice president of communications until earlier this month. Lamb worked at Liberty until Oct. 6, when, he said, he was fired for internally blowing the whistle on the university’s repeated failures to respond to concerns about sexual assault.

“The emails from ProPublica were definitely ignored,” said Lamb. He recalled himself and one colleague trying to make a case for the school to respond. “We said, ‘Listen, the optics of this are killing us. Is there anything we can message — something? A message about empathy? Or that we’re at least working to get to the bottom of this?’ And then it dawned on us: They’re not working to get to the bottom of this.”

Lamb was the point person who had fielded questions from journalists since he took up his post at Liberty in January 2018. He was one of the people to whom I sent a detailed request for comment this month.

Liberty’s lack of response was typical, Lamb explained. “Concerns about sexual assault would go up the chain and then die,” he said. It was “a conspiracy of silence.”

Lamb is filing a federal lawsuit alleging he was fired for raising concerns about Liberty’s conduct. Liberty did not respond to detailed questions about Lamb’s claims.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Lorewarn said:

fining women $500 for reporting a rape?   kicking them out of school for reporting a rape?   withholding their transcripts if they report a rape?   very christ like