Weird Time for Christians

40 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well....there you have it.  He's been blessed so many times he doesn't need to go to church to be the bigliest and bestest Christian the world has ever seen.

Thankfully, that group of pastors don't speak for the American church which also includes non-evangelicals protestants, Catholics, etc  

9 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

If the man studied the Bible, he would discover God chose Biden, Obama, and all the rest.  As Christians we are to follow all leaders.  There is always to be respect and honor to the Office.

And god chose Hitler, Stalin, Putin,  Kim Jung Un and on and on…

God doesn’t appear to do very well in the HR dept.

• Plus1 4

1 hour ago, Crusader Husker said:

Christians are never supposed to follow things that morally go against what we are taught.  

There's a balancing act there. Christ said, "Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's," regarding taxes (Matthew 22). His point - pay the taxes you owe the Romans.

The same Romans who were brutal overlords, who put Herod Antipas into power. The same Herod who beheaded John the Baptist (Matthew 14). All of this was known to Jesus when he instructed Christians to follow the leaders god put in power.

@funhusker thus asks a good question - if god put Biden into power, and Biden is pro-choice, why are Christians not bound to "give unto Biden what is Biden's?"

• Plus1 1

If God is choosing these dips#!ts, he is failing. If he wants us to follow them, he needs to start doing a much better job on his end.

I’m not the most Bible studied person but I only recall one place where this issue is addressed (I’m sure there are prob more). The well known render unto Ceasar that which is Ceasar’s and unto God what is God’s. Basically pay your taxes, follow the law of the land type stuff. Pretty general and basic if you ask me. Please point me to where it says he is choosing these dips#!ts or where it says to follow them. Seriously, I’m curious because a whole s#!tload of evangelicals seem to think this is the prime directive of Christianity and it just isn’t.

• Plus1 1