Weird Time for Christians

• 3 weeks later...

18 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Could you imagine spending eternity with folks like this?

I'll take the worms...

What if you found them where the worms are....:o:devil

Never let the antics of others make the decision for you.  To Believe, To not Believe, To be in between.....

But to your point - crazy, crazy things people do in the name of God.   I don't think the early church did anything like that - best bet - they would call it heresy  

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

What if you found them where the worms are....:o:devil

Never let the antics of others make the decision for you.  To Believe, To not Believe, To be in between.....

Meh...I also don't want to spend an eternity with a guy that has the power to send me to Heaven but sends people to hell just because he doesn't get enough attention.

The devil seems more fun :devil

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

45 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Meh...I also don't want to spend an eternity with a guy that has the power to send me to Heaven but sends people to hell just because he doesn't get enough attention.

The devil seems more fun :devil

There are many doubting the bold part.   Some good books on the subject out there on that topic. 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Just to be clear, I didn't "laugh".

If Jesus really is what Christianity claims he is, I am one of those people that believes no one goes to hell.

Thanks.   I think he is a lot different  then what is shown in many pulpits on Sunday morning in America. 

I think he is much closer to the Jesus portrayed in the  highly viewed (millions world wide, largest crowd funded program ever)  "The Chosen"  series.  If you haven't seen it or heard of it - it is very well done - not one of the cheesy low budget scare you out of hell Christian movies. 

Start wt Season 1, Episode 1.     (Tuesday night was the completion of season 3)

https://watch.thechosen.tv/episode/season-1-episode-1-i-have-called-you-by-name

21 hours ago, knapplc said:

Ten days!?!?? Wow!

I can't wait to see their report on how this benefits mankind.

World peace? An end to suffering? Curing the common cold?

Ye of little faith... ;)

7 hours ago, funhusker said:

Probably a mass suicide…

Jim Jones reference. Nice. It's happened more than once.

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

As someone posted on the thread - Religion should be a part of the political.  I add that the Political should not be a part of religion.  Both have their function in society, mixing them makes for a mess.  Where most of the signers of the Declaration and the Constitution Christian?  Yes.  But that doesn't mean they wanted to set up a theocracy.  They saw the mix of religion and the political in England.  They wanted a system of government that would be operational for a pluralistic society.  They had great foresight and wisdom in doing so.  All people, religious or non-religious should have a voice in the political marketplace, but if the political marketplace was religious, then there would be only one voice as we have seen in many countries. 

• Haha 1