RB Rahmir Johnson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

39 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Johnson Commit?

• Nebraska
    • North Carolina
    • Penn State
    • Boston College
    • Mississippi
    • Rutgers

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Chadhusker said:

I love this. I was hoping we would get Johnson or Bivens tbh. All we need now is some linemen and a stud at qb. Hope we get another commit soon. This Kid will be a stud. 

Some wide receivers and defensive players might help the team a bit too.

Maybe this will start the avalanche.

• Plus1 1

To add to this discussion on numbers: Guys that played RB in high school often play somewhere else in college. I don't know what Frost's plans are for having guys change position, but getting more athletes in is really vital. 

Fwiw, I don't think 3 is too many to take this year if they're the right guys. The biggest concern is balancing roster numbers if you take that many, not so much distributing carries in this offense.

• Plus1 3

I don't think Johnson is switching positions. I also would like to see frost take 3 running backs , and maybe take bivens. I think Bivens and Johnson would be very good running backs then you add in the back from Oklahoma . I think we should be set at running back but next year we should be in the mix for another highly talented running back. Good times ahead for husker running backs . 

1 hour ago, brophog said:

To add to this discussion on numbers: Guys that played RB in high school often play somewhere else in college. I don't know what Frost's plans are for having guys change position, but getting more athletes in is really vital. 

Fwiw, I don't think 3 is too many to take this year if they're the right guys. The biggest concern is balancing roster numbers if you take that many, not so much distributing carries in this offense.

I think the biggest thing Frost wants is versatility. Having RBs that can split out wide and WRs that can take handoffs. These type of abilities allow the scheme to work without a lot of substitutions and truly make everyone a threat to move the ball.

I also agree that three RBs this cycle are ok, if it's Grayson, Johnson and Bivens. This systems spreads the carries out and not one back gets a lionshare. Taking three would allow Held to invest in swinging for a top 100-150 type player in '20.

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

Good grab. Thought he'd post a faster 40 than 4.69. Really like his burst though. 

Reggie Davis is so confused right now. He operated under the impression you could only recruit one RB at a time, now we've got 4 in 2 classes. 

He ran an electronic 4.54 in the 40 at The Opening regionals last year.  This year he ran a 4.62 but quit after that because of a bum wheel.   

• Plus1 1