RB Rahmir Johnson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

39 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Johnson Commit?

• Nebraska
    • North Carolina
    • Penn State
    • Boston College
    • Mississippi
    • Rutgers

This poll is closed to new votes

14 hours ago, swmohusker said:

Video is an indoor 200m too.  A 21.6 is fast for outdoor, but is rolling for a february indoor time.  His PR is 21.4 as a sophomore in the outdoor 200m.  Would be cool to see him get to low 21s this year in the spring.  Dude will leave BIG defenders grabbing air.  

Honest question, I know nothing about track and field.

Why wouldn't an indoor be faster? All I can think of is wind aided times, help me out.

1 hour ago, AlaSker said:

Honest question, I know nothing about track and field.

Why wouldn't an indoor be faster? All I can think of is wind aided times, help me out.

Indoor track is 200 m for a whole lap.  An indoor 200 you have to run a tight corner, transition to a straight, run another tight corner and finish on a straight.  

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, swmohusker said:

Indoor track is 200 m for a whole lap.  An indoor 200 you have to run a tight corner, transition to a straight, run another tight corner and finish on a straight.  

To add to this.  Usually on outdoor track lane 7 is a disadvantage but I have run my fastest times in lane 7 indoor because with the staggered start you only have 1/2 the curve first then later get another curve that isn't as sharp. I think Rahmir is going to be a sleeper on this team with his speed and quick acceleration.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...