Mavric

RB Rahmir Johnson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 hours ago, swmohusker said:

Video is an indoor 200m too.  A 21.6 is fast for outdoor, but is rolling for a february indoor time.  His PR is 21.4 as a sophomore in the outdoor 200m.  Would be cool to see him get to low 21s this year in the spring.  Dude will leave BIG defenders grabbing air.  

Honest question, I know nothing about track and field.

Why wouldn't an indoor be faster? All I can think of is wind aided times, help me out.

1 minute ago, AlaSker said:

Why wouldn't an indoor be faster? All I can think of is wind aided times, help me out.

Curve is tighter so you have to spend more energy turning than running straight ahead

• Plus1 2

We have 3 guys that run a 21.7 or faster 200m in this class.  That is so serious speed we are getting. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, AlaSker said:

A lot of times, the shorter races are ran in front of the stands where there is less wind.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, AlaSker said:

Indoor track is 200 m for a whole lap.  An indoor 200 you have to run a tight corner, transition to a straight, run another tight corner and finish on a straight.  

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, swmohusker said:

Indoor track is 200 m for a whole lap.  An indoor 200 you have to run a tight corner, transition to a straight, run another tight corner and finish on a straight.  

To add to this.  Usually on outdoor track lane 7 is a disadvantage but I have run my fastest times in lane 7 indoor because with the staggered start you only have 1/2 the curve first then later get another curve that isn't as sharp. I think Rahmir is going to be a sleeper on this team with his speed and quick acceleration.

• Plus1 2
  • Upvote 1