Noah Vedral Transferring to Nebraska

Huskers44

Of course, the school can also cut athletes or cancel entire programs leaving the students without their scholorships.

So the whole mess has moved into a "we're not professional", but here's a contract you should have your lawyer review.

How about this, don't block coaches or students OR bind coaches and students to schools.

Cut a kid from the team but you have to honor his scholarship, etc.  Unless they fail to meet contractual standards.  Bind players to 4 years without transfer and force coaches to stay for the length they signed up for with no buyouts or leaving.

A contract is a contract. If Jimbo Fischer can transfer, students should be able to transfer.

Edited by InOmaha
  • Plus1 1

4 hours ago, 307husker said:

4 year scholar ships must be a new thing.  I was under the impression that they were 1 year renewable deals.

8 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

Welcome home Noah.  Glad you are now a Husker.  May the next 4 years be the best of your life.

307husker,

If you are refering to TonyStalloni 's comment, I could be wrong, but I believe TonyStalloni might be referring to Noah's eligibility...he played as a true freshman at UCF, he walked on at NU (at least for now) & has sit out this coming year (I believe as a redshirt sophmore), and many then he'd be eligible to play for as many as 3 more years.

• 3 weeks later...

17 minutes ago, Red_Payne said:

"... Coach on the field for us..."

Does that mean he will be starting QB when eligible? Will he see significant playing-time in some other capacity? Or is SF just saying stuff fans would like to hear?

I took the comment to mean that Vedral will be able to help the other QBs learn the system and help explain the concepts.  Each person learns a slightly different way so Vedral might be able to help speed up the learning process.

28 minutes ago, Red_Payne said:

"... Coach on the field for us..."

Does that mean he will be starting QB when eligible? Will he see significant playing-time in some other capacity?

The next part is "not just with QBs."

So no. That's not what he meant. I'm guessing he'll be given a fair shot like everyone else. He has the advantage of knowing the playbook and how Frost runs the offense and practice.

• 1 month later...

Noah Vedral has been  a help. "You can kind of see that polish and refinement and the ease with which he sees things, and makes decisions," Frost said. "He's been a big piece of installation because he's able to be out here with the guys when we're not, and if there's any questions Noah knows the answer to them."

• 2 months later...