JUCO Recruiting

2 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

MR seemed to act like he had an 8 year contract and winning in the first 3 years wasn't important.  I feel like we are taking JUCO's this year at a rate similar to K-state who made a living with JUCO's.  Thinking SF would have went as high as 6 if he could have grabbed a rush end and a O-line guy....  Will be interesting to see in years 3/4 how JUCO's and Walk-on's are passed out -  once SF has a handle on his roster.

I felt like Riley was playing the “long game” too and didn’t have any urgency in producing a winning program.  I was discouraged when he spent most of his efforts on his 3rd recruiting class, instead of his 2nd. It seemed like he always wanted to be able to say that he needed more time to turn around the talent on the team. The sad part is that if Eichorst had been retained, Riley would still be here, too. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see 7 jucos this year. We have serious holes to fill and need guys that qualify and are physically mature enough to play immediately. I don’t think jucos are a way to live long term but they most certainly will be necessary for short term success . 

1 minute ago, chamrocck said:

Nice find.  I like what we are doing but I'm ready for some major upgrades in OL and DL.  

I wish we would have gone JUCO or even Grad Transfer last year at the NT position to help with the move to the 3/4. I cant remember exactly the timing of when we hired Diaco but how nice would it have been if we could have brought in a legit 3/4 Nose Tackle.

I think JUCO is a great idea for OL and DL to get some "beef" in here but also wouldnt mind just going Grad Transfer route to get a more mature/ready player.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I wish we would have gone JUCO or even Grad Transfer last year at the NT position to help with the move to the 3/4. I cant remember exactly the timing of when we hired Diaco but how nice would it have been if we could have brought in a legit 3/4 Nose Tackle.

I think JUCO is a great idea for OL and DL to get some "beef" in here but also wouldnt mind just going Grad Transfer route to get a more mature/ready player.

I dont think it matters what players were on the field last year. The coaching and team attitude was a losing culture.

• Plus1 3
11 hours ago, LumberJackSker said:

Ricky Henry and Jermarcus Hardrick are the most recent ones i can think of

Chongo Kondolo! Although I'm not sure it qualifies as a significant contribution.

2 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I agree overall, some more developed athletes on the lines would help. I really don't think nose tackle was our problem last year, but it would be nice to keep Stoltenberg fresh.

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I dont think it matters what players were on the field last year. The coaching and team attitude was a losing culture.

I think a legit NT would have drastically changed things but yes that wasnt the only glaring player out of place. Mick did the best he could, but he was so badly out of position.

2 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Chongo Kondolo! Although I'm not sure it qualifies as a significant contribution.

I agree overall, some more developed athletes on the lines would help. I really don't think nose tackle was our problem last year, but it would be nice to keep Stoltenberg fresh.

I agree that our LB core was the major issue, but i am thinking we could have found 1-2 Grad Transfers who could play D-line and eat up space and know the 3-4 Defense. LB I think would be harder to find(Ignore the fact we just added Hondus).

• Mavric changed the title to JUCO Recruiting