JUCO Recruiting

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

Eh, his recruiting results weren't that great either.

His recruits were much better than a 4 win, 2 plays away from a 2 win season. When every kid on the roster got worse, that’s coaching or lack there of. I am all for better athletes, but if you can not coach them it doesn’t matter. 

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, I.M. OLD said:

His recruits were much better than a 4 win, 2 plays away from a 2 win season. When every kid on the roster got worse, that’s coaching or lack there of. I am all for better athletes, but if you can not coach them it doesn’t matter. 

His recruiting results were better than a 4 win team, however, there was a myth that Riley recruiting MUCH BETTER than Bo.  Riley's recruits were about the same level.  That's they point that Mav was making.

• Plus1 1

I think his recruiting hype was far better than guys who actually signed on the dotted line. 

If we would have won 9 games this year, I think we could have gotten guys like Moore and Bookie but once they realized we weren't that good they booked.

The hype was there and we had visits from some impressive names.. They fell in love with the product and respected Riley but I don't think that made up for the lack of wins.

Frost can build and deliver on the hype... I hope.

• Plus1 2

43 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I think his recruiting hype was far better than guys who actually signed on the dotted line. 

If we would have won 9 games this year, I think we could have gotten guys like Moore and Bookie but once they realized we weren't that good they booked.

The hype was there and we had visits from some impressive names.. They fell in love with the product and respected Riley but I don't think that made up for the lack of wins.

Frost can build and deliver on the hype... I hope.

Don't we all. 

I think we can agree it seems he doesn't just chase stars like Riley seemed to and cares more about the fit of the player. He also seems to really enjoy the process of recruiting and thinks you can get guys to come to Nebraska which Bo didn't seem too.

It appears to be a great middle ground. Like you said.. we hope.

Edited by spurs1990
1 hour ago, spurs1990 said:

Don't we all. 

I think we can agree it seems he doesn't just chase stars like Riley seemed to and cares more about the fit of the player. He also seems to really enjoy the process of recruiting and thinks you can get guys to come to Nebraska which Bo didn't seem too.

It appears to be a great middle ground. Like you said.. we hope.

Riley built hype thanks to in large part Keyshawn Johnson... I never understand what players saw outside of him being a super good guy and our amazing facilities.

Frost on the other hand is young, up and coming, won multiple coach of the year awards(for this year).. I get that hype.

Riley had a few really good recruiters on his staff that helped build the hype... and then once they got kids in the door, the allure of what Nebraska football truly is hooked a few kids.

To keep this on point: Juco players and other guys who can fit holes need to be the main focus moving forward. Forget stars and get in players that know our system and can grow in it and then coach them  up. I have no issue with adding a few JUCO's a year if they help this team. 

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to JUCO Recruiting