JUCO Recruiting

I hope we sign 2-4 JUCOs per year minimum. Plenty of high profile JUCOs that can help us every year. Held has the contacts and ability to make it happen and we would be stupid to not get JUCO help. It will help us cover the gap between our talent and the Ohio states of the world. Add a Lavonte David and Randy Gregory to a defense and see what happens 

• Plus1 2

On 12/21/2017 at 6:19 PM, Huskers93-97 said:

It's probably more than what you will see moving forward. But no problem in the first year or 2 to snag more than usual. Then again if there is great talent at JUCO why pass on it any year 

I never saw the downside of Jucos, and wandered why we didn't take more. K-State loved those guys, and they helped K-State win.

24 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

I never saw the downside of Jucos, and wandered why we didn't take more. K-State loved those guys, and they helped K-State win.

Some coaches feel like they don't want to invest a scholarship in a guy who is only going to contribute 1-2 years, plus they can be hard to get them cleared academically.

I think JUCO guys can be used to fill positions of need or bring in a playmaker (see Demorrio Williams, Randy Gregory, and Lavonte David).  Plus, if they don't pan out, they are usually gone within 2 years.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

We need to fill out this class and then some. Rather than reaches out of HS I love these JUCO offers. If we screw up with a kid, at least it’s only a 2 year problem instead of 5.

I agree. Plus we need immediate help at certain positions and JUCOs are more physically ready year 1.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Sure they made the offers, but the fact that they signed ZERO JUCO’s just goes to show the level of priority the previous staff gave to using JUCO’s to fill roster holes. Throwing offers out just as a last resort that won’t be there by the time they got around to it as they will all be committed by then.

6 hours ago, caveman99 said:

Sure they made the offers, but the fact that they signed ZERO JUCO’s just goes to show the level of priority the previous staff gave to using JUCO’s to fill roster holes. Throwing offers out just as a last resort that won’t be there by the time they got around to it as they will all be committed by then.

That’s not the point of the tweet. It’s been said that Eichorst banned them from recruiting JUCOs. That’s clearly not the case. 

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to JUCO Recruiting