JUCO Recruiting

18 minutes ago, WVhuskerXX said:

You are probably right. But if Betts qualifies I would rather go after Robinson than another Juco WR. It seems we were picking up steam with Robinson just a week or so ago. 

It could also mean we are going to be losing another receiver or 2 to transfer.   

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, WVhuskerXX said:

I’m excited to see what Hickman can do in the future as he continues to add to his frame. He brings a skill set that none of the others really can provide. 

1 hour ago, WVhuskerXX said:

I’m excited to see what Hickman can do in the future as he continues to add to his frame. He brings a skill set that none of the others really can provide. 

Hoping that also means Legrone is coming back. 

Pretty much the only negative thing I’ve heard/read out of the last two spring camps is that the offense has badly struggled in the RZ and the lack of a big bodied WR was the big reason for it.

I liked a lot of what KW tried to do here but he left us in a pretty big hole at WR. We’ve been pretty unlucky at RB with injuries and off the field issues but we need to recruit WR like Held recruits RB. Just keep bringing in talent and up the competition level. I wouldn’t hate it if we brought in 6 WRs if that’s what it takes lol. Seems almost certain there will be attrition and Spielman may try to make the jump to the pros.

• 4 weeks later...

It wouldn’t be great to immediately lose Hodge to a flip but I think I’m more concerned that that is our competition for him. Obviously, we want to be beating (elite)Power-5 teams for recruits, but short of that, beating teams with proven success at certain positions will do. 

Sonny Dykes is a bad coach but at least he seems somewhat qualified offensively. His teams are hilariously bad defensively though and I wouldn’t trust his defensive evaluations at all - from coaches to recruits. Hopefully, that’s not seriously our only competition.