Turnover Gimmick

Moiraine

Not saying we should do it, but hypothetically let's say we're forced to do it, what should it be? I've posted some of them below. The worst is the trash can because it's too easy to make jokes about.

I think seeing as we have the whole skull and bones motif it would be pretty easy to come up with a cool one.

20170909222013.jpg

miami-malek-young.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=

631361288.jpg

610168606.jpg

tennessee-trash-can.png

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, jsneb83 said:

That trash can fits Tennessee perfectly.

Just found this:

DI7UaB9V4AAQWN4.jpg

Social media can mock the move all it wants, but Vols DB Rashaan Gaulden said the prop is fun there’s “just a different swagger to it.”

“Being able to have a nice dunk and all the kind of moves that we can do to dunk it in the trash can and show us being ourselves and having fun out here,” he said.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 2

When Scott Frost was asked on the Mike Bianchi show what he thought of the turnover chain at Miami, he called it "neat", but said as long as he is coaching they are never going to be "self-promoters".  So I think overall he is against gimmicks like the turnover chain:

https://player.fm/series/open-mike-1473472/ucf-head-coach-scott-frost-wPxhwD69JTQScHWE

That said, if they had to, as stated by the OP, I would keep it to something simple, like getting to wear a Blackshirt (larger than normal?) practice jersey on the sideline.  Just a thought.

• Plus1 1

16 minutes ago, JKinney said:

When Scott Frost was asked on the Mike Bianchi show what he thought of the turnover chain at Miami, he called it "neat", but said as long as he is coaching they are never going to be "self-promoters".  So I think overall he is against gimmicks like the turnover chain:

https://player.fm/series/open-mike-1473472/ucf-head-coach-scott-frost-wPxhwD69JTQScHWE

That said, if they had to, as stated by the OP, I would keep it to something simple, like getting to wear a Blackshirt (larger than normal?) practice jersey on the sideline.  Just a thought.

I'm okay with this

• Plus1 1

I think it’s obvious we need to have an oven on the sideline and throw the ball in it when we get a turnover.

Every time the defense is on the field, have a decibel meter graphic and the louder the crowd gets, the higher the temperature gets for pre-heating the oven. The goal being to get the oven preheated to 450°.

Then the player gets to wear an oven timer on a chain. You could even make it ridiculous like Flava Flav or something.

I was watching a Miami game where there was a fumble in a dog pile, and every Miami player was freaking out like Smeagol trying to find the ring; it was absurdly hilarious.

I do think it’d be a good idea to show the decibel record along with a live decibel reading to see if the crowd could break it.  It’d be a fun way to make Memorial Stadium a nightmare for opposing teams.

• Plus1 1

If Nebraska was going to do it, I'd say it should be a wrestling title belt like Alabama or Ole Miss have. The difference being it should be the blackshirt insignia on the middle of the belt. Force a turnover, then you can either put the belt around your waist or sling it over your shoulder.