Way Too Early 2018 Depth Chart

BIG ERN

1 minute ago, billdozer15 said:

All I know is with as seasoned as the offensive line is, they had better figure it out. 

I am curious to see how they handle the O-line.  Scott Frost teams have done a lot of zone blocking that doesn't require incredibly good o-linemen.  Yes the pull, so athleticism is more important than size and strength. 

2 minutes ago, boach_clack said:

I am curious to see how they handle the O-line.  Scott Frost teams have done a lot of zone blocking that doesn't require incredibly good o-linemen.  Yes the pull, so athleticism is more important than size and strength. 

The bolded scares me. I haven't seen an athletic lineman here capable of pulling for a decade.

• Plus1 2

I'd really like to see some of these upperclassmen finally get it and blow up with a new coaching staff developing them.  Yes all the buzz is recruiting right now but at the end of the day our season is going to play out largely on how upperclassmen perform and play in Frost's system.  Looking at guys like Freedom, Young, Farmer, Foster, Davis twins, Williams, etc.  We need some of these guys to turn into all BIG 10 type players if we want SF's first season to be a success.  

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, RedNebraskan said:

Listening to Frost talk about how hard those kids are about to work... I almost feel bad for them.  Then again, thats what football is all about and we havent outworked anyone in years.  Its going to be great to see who can survive Frost boot camp.

I certainly get where you're coming from.  These guys, especially on offense are in for a big time culture shift.  Per the OWH, Diaco really ran guys through the ringer on defense when he rolled through so if nothing else, they've been through a grueling camp.