Way Too Early 2018 Depth Chart

BIG ERN

I am hoping we start to see the winter conditioning and testing results being published so we have a better idea of what kind of atheticism we actually have on the team.   We need to see the legit shuttle runs and 40 times and the lifting and heights and weights, etc.  

This information used to be put out by Epley and the strengtrh program annually.  This gave us a lot better tangible way to really evaluate the raw talent and athletic ability of the players.  It eliminates the debates about speed, quickness, strength, height and weight, etc.  This way, if you have a given player who runs a 4.75 forty, you can't complain if the RB turns the corner on him because he doesn't get there in time and vice versa.  If he is fast, but doesn't make the play, it is because of poor coaching and or not learning his responsibilities or making the effort.  

This way, you don't have to argue about whether the coaching is the problem or the talent.   You know - if they are slow plow horses, you don't win the derby but you pull like hell.  You put your athletes in places where they can excell and not fail because they simply lack the ability to do the job.  

On 12/22/2017 at 10:54 AM, Cdog923 said:

Not bad. I wouldn't mind if they found a place for Berry at OLB, so we can get him, Honas and Roberts on the field at the same time. 

Have Berry at boundary LB, Honas, and Roberts in the middle and have Luke as the field linebacker. Also, put Mick and Stille at the D Ends and have One of the Twins as the Defensive tackle spot.  

22 minutes ago, FaithfulHusker said:

Have Berry at boundary LB, Honas, and Roberts in the middle and have Luke as the field linebacker. Also, put Mick and Stille at the D Ends and have One of the Twins as the Defensive tackle spot.  

I don’t know if Chinandrin’s D will have the same boundary and field OLB designations. I don’t know much about different 3-4 defenses, but I think Chinandrin’s and Diaco’s defenses are vastly different. 

12 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don’t know if Chinandrin’s D will have the same boundary and field OLB designations. I don’t know much about different 3-4 defenses, but I think Chinandrin’s and Diaco’s defenses are vastly different. 

You may be right, I was just thinking about the best front 7 the makes sense for what the coaching staff wants to do by being an attacking style of defense.