Scott Frost's crazy month juggling Nebraska and UCF

9 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

I know there was quite a bit of pissing and moaning for a while about whether or not he should coach the bowl game...mostly from the UCF side, but a little from our side as well.  Did that die down finally?  I haven't been paying much attention lately. 

I stopped reading the UCF boards but haven't seen complaining on out side.

If you look at the comments following the article on ESPN’s site, there is still some bickering between fans on both sides. 

There was one sentence in the article that even mentioned some UCF player pushback when they found out that Frost would be back. Reading into it, maybe some animosity about the coaches leaving them.

Sounds like Frost and company feels that the right way to end things at UCF is to coach this game.   The incoming UCF staff also seems to like the advice and camaraderie with the exiting staff, working towards a common goal.

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

If you look at the comments following the article on ESPN’s site, there is still some bickering between fans on both sides. 

There was one sentence in the article that even mentioned some UCF player pushback when they found out that Frost would be back. Reading into it, maybe some animosity about the coaches leaving them.

Sounds like Frost and company feels that the right way to end things at UCF is to coach this game.   The incoming UCF staff also seems to like the advice and camaraderie with the exiting staff, working towards a common goal.

Thanks, good info secretasianman....

We all give Coach Frost a lot of credit for this action, and he rightly deserves it.  But I think Nebraska deserves some credit for allowing it to happen.  

I said when this all started he was man of his word, and that would be the deciding factor on what he did.  I know it came down to the last day for him to make up his mind, but when he did he did it with determination.  I feel certain we will have players that know exactly where they stand, that has not happened since Coach Osborne left.  This program needs that.  It appears to me that Nebraska actually has a team from administration down to the coach.  Players need to buy in quickly and I think they will.

• Plus1 1