LB Caleb Tannor [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

60 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Tannor Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 01:45 PM

7 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Question --  We lost JJB to OSU - I was hoping for 'bookends' but it was not to be.  How does Tannor compare?  It seems like JJB was the 1st target.  I'm excited to get Tannor as he seems to have the qualities we need for a rush end or rush OLB. 

Pretty similar.  He's a great pass rusher and strong at the point of attack.  He might be more ready to go from day one than JJB.  Tannor is a little shorter than JJB and maybe not as quick, but I think he'll do well.  I think JJB's ceiling was a little higher as an OLB than Tannor's, but not by much.  With JJB now going to be a DE at Ohio State, I think his ceiling is much lower.

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Question --  We lost JJB to OSU - I was hoping for 'bookends' but it was not to be.  How does Tannor compare?  It seems like JJB was the 1st target.  I'm excited to get Tannor as he seems to have the qualities we need for a rush end or rush OLB. 

Also, as far as bookends go:

Guy Thomas, Pernell Jefferson, Collin Miller, etc. - we have guys that just need a chance and some coaching

4 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Can’t complain, we got our first pass rusher since Randy Gregory.

I disagree with this.  I think some of the guys on campus were just misused by the previous staff.  Pernell Jefferson and Collin Miller - didn't these guys earn scout team MVP awards as pass rushers when they redshirted and then both got moved to inside LB the next year...??  And Guy Thomas, don't sleep on him.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I disagree with this.  I think some of the guys on campus were just misused by the previous staff.  Pernell Jefferson and Collin Miller - didn't these guys earn scout team MVP awards as pass rushers when they redshirted and then both got moved to inside LB the next year...??  And Guy Thomas, don't sleep on him.

I can't see Jefferson as much of a pass rusher. Miller is a solid player, and Guy Thomas can be very special for us 

Edited by BIG ERN
On 1/14/2018 at 6:21 PM, zero_blitz said:

Understatement of the year, but we NEED to land him.  This is the type of athlete we need on the edge.  You want to see a change in the defense?  Restore the blackshirt tradition?  This is it.

Beyond excited to land Caleb.  Would have been great to land Jean-Baptiste as well, however given the choice between the two, I'd take Caleb all day.  He is truly a gifted athlete. Remember  how UCF used Shaquem Griffin used in the Peach Bowl? Caleb has that kind of ability.  Very excited to see what the future holds.