Peach Bowl Discussion Thread

23 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Congrats to UCF and the entire staff. You beat Auburn AND the refs today.

I don't see UCF finishing the year any lower than #3 in the National Rankings. I'd be giving them a #1 vote, if I had one.

No kidding. Those refs were just awful! That was clear pass interference when UCF was at the goal line AND the way that Auburn player did a pile driver to that UCF player!!! The guy should've been ejected from the game!! But the UCF got that pick six-sweet revenge!  

4 minutes ago, huskerdan64 said:

We won't go undefeated next year, but what I saw today gives me hope for the future. A team that fought the entire game, and didn't fold when faced with adversity. Even if they had lost they didn't ever show any signs of quitting. Congrats to UCF on their perfect season.

Did you see the UCF energy on the sidelines!!!  That's SO been missing on the Husker sideline!  (I also loved the way one of the UCF grabbed his player and jerked him back to their area after that kid was almost called for late hit!  That would've probably cost them the game.  Love these tough coaches who aren't going to take any crap off of the players. 

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, GamingGlen said:

Will this game be more exciting than any of the playoff games? Only time will tell.

This game gave a big black eye to the playoff committee. Alabummer could not beat Auburn, but still makes the playoffs. Undefeated UCF whips Auburn, the sec is exposed, but still gets two teams in the playoffs. The AAC, PAC and BIG are frozen out of the playoffs. What a travesty.

• Plus1 2
29 minutes ago, HIHusker said:

I didn't think UCF had a chance in this game, wanted them to win but didn't believe...I like my crow well done with a side of heinz 57...can't wait until next year, congrats SF and UCF, what a game...hope we bring drumstick in as a GA that kid is a frickin legend *tips hat*

"....hope we bring Shaquem Griffin in as a GA that kid is a fricken legend" and deserves the tip of the hat and to be referred to by his name, don't you think?

28 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

This game gave a big black eye to the playoff committee. Alabummer could not beat Auburn, but still makes the playoffs. Undefeated UCF whips Auburn, the sec is exposed, but still gets two teams in the playoffs. The AAC, PAC and BIG are frozen out of the playoffs. What a travesty.

OU doing a pretty good  job of exposing the SEC right now as well...

47 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The struggles the UCF D had at the end of the season was due to playing great offenses and being physically and mentally exhausted after playing so many weeks in a row. They definitely played well today. 

True.  What I really liked seeing was a coach with almost a month to plan, came out and with a methodical plan that worked.  Amazing what a quality staff can do.  Throw in the back and forth between NU and UCF makes the win even more amazing IMHO.

I am also glad Frost won for the simple reason, it clears up any doubts about what if.  He accomplished the most that UCF will ever accomplish until a different play off system is implemented. He didn't accomplish it against some scrub team either.  

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, ladyhawke said:

Did you see the UCF energy on the sidelines!!!  That's SO been missing on the Husker sideline!  (I also loved the way one of the UCF grabbed his player and jerked him back to their area after that kid was almost called for late hit!  That would've probably cost them the game.  Love these tough coaches who aren't going to take any crap off of the players. 

That was classic.  Grabs him, pulls him back and pushes towards the D.  Great coaching.  It also showed me the respect/relationship the staff has with the team. The player didn't evenly back, went right back to his spot on D.  

I am excited for next year to see what Frost and Co can do.

11 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Gambling funds were almost gone... then I put the house on UCF :)

You probably did very well!