Accepting apologies from people who said UCF doesn't deserve to be in the playoff

ATS Knight

3 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

I’m glad this is all over with.  Can we stop pretending to care about UCF now?

Just a little bit longer. 

Some of y'all have been extremely respectful and have genuinely rooted for the Knights this year, but there have been quite a few that have been openly dismissive and acting like UCF is some pissant that should be ignored by "the big boys". 

I'm just curious if any of those Husker fans are willing to admit that UCF is better than they thought or if "Auburn just wasn't excited enough about the game" and "next year, UCF will just go back to being a crappy P5 school". 

I won't apologize for anything. Its still tough to argue that UCF "deserved" to be in the playoff based on SOS. However, UCF absolutely would've been competitive, and if anything, this bowl season is proving that outside of total utter dominance, no conference should have 2 teams in the playoff. 

Two reasons I was cheering for UCF today:

1. Any team playing against the SEC is a team I am going to root for...like right now, I am cheering for f-ing Oklahoma!

2. Frost was coaching and I wanted his time to end on a positive note there

UCF looked great today and definitely deserved to win this game. Good work by the Knights!!

• Plus1 2

20 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

Some of y'all have been extremely respectful and have genuinely rooted for the Knights this year, but there have been quite a few that have been openly dismissive and acting like UCF is some pissant that should be ignored by "the big boys". 

I'm just curious if any of those Husker fans are willing to admit that UCF is better than they thought or if "Auburn just wasn't excited enough about the game" and "next year, UCF will just go back to being a crappy P5 school". 

UCF is a great team. I am extremely happy that Frost brought his entire staff with him. Nebraska will have equal or better athletes than UCF. I was a UCF fan all year for two reasons: (1) I wanted Frost as our coach, and (2) Nebraska football was pathetic.

As always, the sec was over-rated. I guess that is to be expected when espn has your tv contract. 

25 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

As a coach I have always said that the better team wins the game.  UCF won...they are better, that is the great thing about sports...they keep score (even though I know a few people that wouldn't care if they kept score)

With that said...I cared about the game a lot today...because I had money on it.  I will care about future UCF games...if I have money on it.  

42 minutes ago, zoogs said:

Hey, friend!

I think a whole lot of us here would have liked to see UCF in the playoffs this year. I believe Frost could have won a natty.

UCF had a great season and going undefeated is an amazing accomplishment. However, I’m glad UCF wasn’t in the playoff, because if they were, I doubt Frost comes back to Nebraska to coach. 

• Plus1 1