Accepting apologies from people who said UCF doesn't deserve to be in the playoff

ATS Knight

30 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

I think the thing that P5 fans miss is that we CAN'T schedule better teams.

What? That just simply is not true.  UCF played Ohio State in 2012 and Stanford in 2015.

Just this year AAC teams played games against Oklahoma, TCU, and two games against Notre Dame. Last year AAC teams had games against Penn State, Florida State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Oklahoma....and in both of those seasons I'm just listing P5 opponents that ended the regular season in the CFP top 15. 

UCF and AAC teams definitely do have the ability to schedule quality P5 teams but instead you scheduled Georgia Tech and Maryland. You have nobody to blame or complain to but yourself. 

Top tier schools schedule creampuff teams for OOC in arrangements that are unacceptable for any decent team. The only P5 teams that will schedule 1and1s with us are the GT's and Maryland's of the world.

They make way more money that way. If I'm a large school and I book an FCS school for a one off and pay them $1 million I get to keep whatever profit from ticket sales I have except for that $1 million, and then I get to do it all over again next year. If I schedule a 1 for 1 with an AAC school I'm loosing an entire game's profits for that away year. It doesn't make financial sense. It has nothing to do with being afraid to play you and everything to do with money. Your solution for that is to go to them or schedule neutral site games, you're in Florida, there are plenty of good neutral site venues and three prestigious power programs within a few hours drive of your campus. Make it work. 

The bottom line is that you guys went 6-6 last year as a G5 school. String together a 10+ win seasons and play some good teams and your chances improve. You did not deserve to be in the playoff this year. 

Edited by Excel

17 minutes ago, HIHusker said:

Leave the bible and Saul's baptism out of it

I thought referencing the Bible was a good thing. And technically the scales fell off his eyes before the baptism. 

17 minutes ago, HIHusker said:

and for crying out loud learn how to win gracefully...next year you will most likely be back in the realm of obscurity...

What would winning gracefully look like? The evidence suggests that some people believe we should just stay in the realm of obscurity. 

2 minutes ago, HIHusker said:

Just act like you belong there and earned it humbly...quoting the bible in a way to justify a poor attitude is not a good thing, you should know better, lay off the booze and enjoy obscurity next year.  If yoiu want to cry about  not being in the playoff find another board...

What is your problem? Jesus Christ, some of the people that claim to be Nebraska nice here are just too damn much. (Yes I see that he's in or from Hawaii)

So you're quoting the Nebraska Football's official twitter? Ok, I'm not a Nebraska fan so that carries no weight with me, I don't care what their twitter says. They're also pretty far from being objective on this issue.

I have a very clear conscience on this particular issue. UCF had a heck of a year, but it was not CFP worthy. Good luck in the future, I think you all made a great hire and I'll be rooting for your program.

Edited by Excel
9 minutes ago, HIHusker said:

quoting the bible in a way to justify a poor attitude is not a good thing, you should know better,

I apologize if it felt like I was twisting biblical passages to support my points, that was not my intention. I like the Bible, so sometimes I utilize biblical language to express my thoughts, without the intention to use the authority of the actual text. The original prayer was actually utilizing language from three different passages.

I also figured that the use of the prayer was justifiable, as few among us would claim to free from lies or evil thoughts, though the implication that the lies and evil thoughts were about UCF's playoff hopes was intended to be humorous. I'll apologize to any that were offended, I come from a less-traditional, nondenominational background, though I know that that is not everyone's experience.

10 minutes ago, HIHusker said:

lay off the booze and enjoy obscurity next year.

If only. Young kids, right? I was in bed by 9. 

3 hours ago, ATS Knight said:

We took advantage of the only opportunities we had to play P5 teams and won! What more could you want?

I think UCF proved they can compete with just about anyone, however, this black and white viewpoint held by a lot of UCF fans about the CFP is disingenuous.

Schedule is a factor and UCF didn't play in a Power 5. The level of competition week in and week out just isn't the same. This is also a big reason (IMO) Frost and his staff aren't staying at UCF. They had the single greatest season they could've had and they never had a legitimate shot at the CFP. This will always be the case for a non-power 5.

I totally get UCF's argument, but there is some validity to why they were kept out of the CFP.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Redux said:

Based off their performance today, beating a team that beat 2 teams in the playoff, I would say they deserved a spot more than Alabama did.  But Nick Saban etc etc.  No clue if they could have beaten a Clemson or an Oklahoma, but I think they deserved to be in it just as much as any of the other teams left out.

"Deserves got nothing to do with it"

What movie???