Accepting apologies from people who said UCF doesn't deserve to be in the playoff

ATS Knight

5 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

"belonged" with that caliber of team (Auburn), is what I was getting at....

So....if you think they can compete with anyone in the country or...."belong" with a team that beat both teams in the championship game....and they go undefeated....I find SOS as a pretty piss poor excuse to exclude someone.

Fact is, they were excluded because power 5 programs didn't want them there and we only have a 4 team playoff so it was easy to exclude them.

All of that is very easy to fix.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....if you think they can compete with anyone in the country or...."belong" with a team that beat both teams in the championship game....and they go undefeated....I find SOS as a pretty piss poor excuse to exclude someone.

Fact is, they were excluded because power 5 programs didn't want them there and we only have a 4 team playoff so it was easy to exclude them.

All of that is very easy to fix.

SOS is a perfectly fine reason to leave them out of the playoff. Their resumes simply weren't as good as the other four participants. 

I'm all for an 8 team playoff that would include the best team from G5, but the the 4 team playoff is what we have at this point.... And if you're picking the 4 best resumes, which it seems the committee felt they had done, UCF was right not to be included.

2 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

"belonged" with that caliber of team (Auburn), is what I was getting at....

The supposed caliber of team that Auburn was when they beat Alabama and Georgia is what got Alabama in the playoffs. Auburn was ranked #2 in the country with two losses at the time with some thinking they were the best team in the country. An now, with two more losses, they somehow aren't as good of a team. Makes you wonder if they got some of the other selections right based the circular logic used with Auburn. Yet they couldn't move UCF a spot or two and kept dogging Wisconsin's schedule. It is almost like some things were predetermined.

here is my idea to fix this fake national championship playoff.

1. Only have 8 conferences. The amount of teams we have 132 would put 16 to 17 teams in a conference.

2. Each team play their 7 division opponents, 2 cross division opponents and 3 out of conference opponents for 12 games like we play now.

3. The first round of the playoff is the conference championships. 

This would give every team a shot with each conference getting 2 teams in for the first round only. This would also only create 1 additional game that the 4 in the playoffs play now. This would get rid of the bias of the P5 vs G5 and the SEC. Also would no longer need the playoff commitee or the ranking system.

• Plus1 1
On 1/6/2018 at 1:29 PM, wildman said:

here is my idea to fix this fake national championship playoff.

1. Only have 8 conferences. The amount of teams we have 132 would put 16 to 17 teams in a conference.

2. Each team play their 7 division opponents, 2 cross division opponents and 3 out of conference opponents for 12 games like we play now.

3. The first round of the playoff is the conference championships. 

This would give every team a shot with each conference getting 2 teams in for the first round only. This would also only create 1 additional game that the 4 in the playoffs play now. This would get rid of the bias of the P5 vs G5 and the SEC. Also would no longer need the playoff commitee or the ranking system.

Boom!!!!