Nick Gates

Red Five

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Given how delusional our prior staff was about the level of effort, discipline, work ethic, etc. is necessary to succeed, it wouldn’t be too surprising if some of that rubbed off on the players. I almost feel sorry for the players that are left. If they’ve forgotten how to work, the offseason is going to feel like SEAL training.

If rumors on the radio are to be believed, more than one coach tried getting after Gates for his lack of WE, but were called off by HCMR. 

30 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

If rumors on the radio are to be believed, more than one coach tried getting after Gates for his lack of WE, but were called off by HCMR. 

If this is the case, I really have no respect left for Riley as a coach. A person, maybe, but as a coach he seemed to be a complete push-over.

4 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Players who leave (for NFL or other) better be sure of their decisions.  I think they're going to miss out on something great.

I understand the sentiment, but Gates was recruited by one staff and played for another. Maybe he just doesn’t want to deal with another coaching staff and wants to give the NFL a shot.

After watching Gate’s sometimes pathetic efforts during games this year, I am shocked anyone would draft him.

After watching Gate’s sometimes pathetic efforts during games this year, I am shocked anyone would draft him.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Nick Gates