Transfers

8 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

This is where Heupel crumbles... Going for the next best thing, regardless of what he has.

Dont say Nebraska should be going for the next best thing, I agree. 

UCF is a built program right now.

Nebraska is still rebuilding.

You always have to pick your spots on the grad transfer market. 

34 minutes ago, AlaSker said:

This is where Heupel crumbles... Going for the next best thing, regardless of what he has.

Dont say Nebraska should be going for the next best thing, I agree. 

UCF is a built program right now.

Nebraska is still rebuilding.

You always have to pick your spots on the grad transfer market. 

I don't see it that way at all - it's about making sure there's always competition. You can't count on Milton coming back quickly, and it looks the only other QBs are a true freshman and a couple walk-ons. Assuming Milton isn't a full go for a while, you at least want some competition for Mack through spring and fall camp. They got real thin a QB in a hurry, so as long as Mack doesn't take it personally I'm fully onboard and believe any coach would be looking for a transfer or juco in the same situation.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I don't see it that way at all - it's about making sure there's always competition. You can't count on Milton coming back quickly, and it looks the only other QBs are a true freshman and a couple walk-ons. Assuming Milton isn't a full go for a while, you at least want some competition for Mack through spring and fall camp. They got real thin a QB in a hurry, so as long as Mack doesn't take it personally I'm fully onboard and believe any coach would be looking for a transfer or juco in the same situation.

Without turning this into a UCF thread. Ill just say that they are in an identical situation that we are, and I dont see us looking for another juco/grad QB. 

But we can just agree to disagree

• Fire 1
8 minutes ago, AlaSker said:

Without turning this into a UCF thread. Ill just say that they are in an identical situation that we are, and I dont see us looking for another juco/grad QB. 

I honestly think that this was an excellent move by UCF. If they redshirt Milton this year or give him a medical redshirt, it will give him time to get fully healthy. Wimbush will keep UCF relevant and then Milton can come back the next year and keep the train rolling. 

• Plus1 4

15 minutes ago, AlaSker said:

I definitely do! Comparing guys who are currently healthy:

Nebraska

1) Martinez - scholarship, 3 years remaining, stud

2) Vedral - scholarship, 3 years remaining

3)* Bunch - walk-on w/experience, 2 years remaining

4) McCaffrey - scholarship, 4 years remaining (5 w/redshirt)

* Bunch could leave before the year

UCF

1) Mack Jr. - scholarship, 3 years remaining, showed some flashes

2) Gabriel? - scholarship, 4 years remaining (5 w/redshirt)

3) Kingston- walk-on 1 game experience (no stats), 2 years remaining

4) Jones - walk-on no experience, 4 years remaining

Also worth pointing out the #2-4 guys for UCF would all slot behind McCaffrey, and you could argue Mack would slot around Bunch. We're better at the top (Martinez > Mack) and have more experience and talent in our depth. If you replaced Vedral and Bunch with less experienced walk-ons, we're in a roughly similar situation but I would still like McCaffrey more than Gabriel. Wimbush is only there for a year, so the chances of somebody transferring out are pretty low - he'll be gone by the time they could play for their new school.

24 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Nebraska

UCF

Also worth pointing out the #2-4 guys for UCF would all slot behind McCaffrey, and you could argue Mack would slot around Bunch. We're better at the top (Martinez > Mack) and have more experience and talent in our depth. If you replaced Vedral and Bunch with less experienced walk-ons, we're in a roughly similar situation but I would still like McCaffrey more than Gabriel. Wimbush is only there for a year, so the chances of somebody transferring out are pretty low - he'll be gone by the time they could play for their new school.

Fine have it your way, I may also be showing some disdain for Heupel in general...

But in your comparison lets remember we are NEBRASKA.

Having better quarterbacks in general is something that should be a given.

I liked how Mack played when he had the chance and he would slot at or better than Vedral if we are being really unbiased. 

But I guess the point of this and any under lying emphasis I would like to further push is:

I want UCF to be good, I want Heupel to do bad.

49 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

I honestly think that this was an excellent move by UCF. If they redshirt Milton this year or give him a medical redshirt, it will give him time to get fully healthy. Wimbush will keep UCF relevant and then Milton can come back the next year and keep the train rolling. 

Logic is there +1. Like I said before I believe Mack is enough to keep them relevant, but I guess they need some extra arms to keep healthy.

Still hate Heupel though!!!! infinite +1's 

5 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Nebraska

UCF

Bunch is exploring transfer options