Transfers

32 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

Hurts to Oklahoma

Wonder how prolific he can be in that offense. Seems like at Alabama, the offense wasn't anything to write home about until Tua came in. Hurts seemed like a game manager instead of a game breaker. Interesting to see how much of that was the style of play between programs and what is just his ability.

1 minute ago, spurs1990 said:

Wonder how prolific he can be in that offense. Seems like at Alabama, the offense wasn't anything to write home about until Tua came in. Hurts seemed like a game manager instead of a game breaker. Interesting to see how much of that was the style of play between programs and what is just his ability.

I have no doubt that he will be really good at Oklahoma. QB's who have transfered to Oklahoma have done pretty well recently.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

I have no doubt that he will be really good at Oklahoma. QB's who have transfered to Oklahoma have done pretty well recently.

Well obviously. But both Baker and Kyler could be considered “pass first” guys, where Hurts is more of a “run first”. Will probably still be good but I’m willing to bet he won’t be as good of a fit as the last 2 have been.

54 minutes ago, Roger Dorn said:

Well obviously. But both Baker and Kyler could be considered “pass first” guys, where Hurts is more of a “run first”. Will probably still be good but I’m willing to bet he won’t be as good of a fit as the last 2 have been.

He might not be quite as good of a fit but I bet they see very little drop off with him at the helm.  I would also bet you will see him in the running for the Heisman there

On 1/15/2019 at 2:14 PM, AlaSker said:

Without turning this into a UCF thread. Ill just say that they are in an identical situation that we are, and I dont see us looking for another juco/grad QB. 

But we can just agree to disagree

I don’t get how we are in an identical situation. Martinez is a far better QB than Mack. UCF needed a QB a lot more than Nebraska does. Mack’s completion percentage was 51%. 

5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don’t get how we are in an identical situation. Martinez is a far better QB than Mack. UCF needed a QB a lot more than Nebraska does. Mack’s completion percentage was 51%. 

UCF should not have a better QB than we do, never said they did.

In terms of eligibility, experience, and ability relative to the specific tier (conference) of football I would say we are close.

As far as the grad transfer bashing, I gave up the argument because I admitted to just not liking Heupel.

Still Hate Heupel!!!!!

2 minutes ago, AlaSker said:

UCF should not have a better QB than we do, never said they did.

In terms of eligibility, experience, and ability relative to the specific tier (conference) of football I would say we are close.

The latter is irrelevant. You don’t bring in grad transfers to provide depth. You bring them in if you think they have a very good chance of starting. Therefore, UCF’s situation is not similar to Nebraska’s when it comes to QB and the argument for grad transfers. 

Just now, Moiraine said:

The latter is irrelevant. You don’t bring in grad transfers to provide depth. You bring them in if you think they have a very good chance of starting. Therefore, UCF’s situation is not similar to Nebraska’s when it comes to QB.

You brought up the latter. 

Definitely bring someone in who could start----Don't think Wimbush is that great...btw

If we found a grad transfer QB who Frost thought was better I.E. Jalen hurts, are we in a similar situation then?

By similar situation I am talking about experience ability and eligibility as of now on the roster. 

Not if someone is better out there on the grad market. 

12 minutes ago, AlaSker said:

Definitely bring someone in who could start----Don't think Wimbush is that great...btw

If we found a grad transfer QB who Frost thought was better I.E. Jalen hurts, are we in a similar situation then?

By similar situation I am talking about experience ability and eligibility as of now on the roster. 

Wimbush>>>>>>>>>>Mack

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

Wimbush>>>>>>>>>>Mack

I already conceded to you that my prejudice for the transfer was due to Heupel...

So maybe we can steer this conversation elsewhere, because I believed it to be over yesterday.

Wimbush might be better, but is he really.

bwimbush stats.PNG

20 minutes ago, AlaSker said:

I misunderstood your post abd thought you were talking about QB depth with my latter comment.

Bringing in a QB grad transfer has everything to do with whether the transfer has a good chance of beating out your starter.

We are not in the same situation they are when it comes to ability for the tier. Mack is not a great QB even for a G5 school. He’s decent and might get better. Martinez is a great QB for a P5 school. There is almost no QB transfer I would bring to Nebraska while he is our QB. They’re not similar situations.