National Championship Game

lol at all the bama apologists.  sorry but bama didn't earn it this year.   tell yourself whatever you need to make it right in your minds.   UCF beat the team that beat the 2 teams playing in the title game.   they deserved to be there more than bama did no matter how much you think bama should be there.  

• Plus1 2

Just now, commando said:

lol at all the bama apologists.  sorry but bama didn't earn it this year.   tell yourself whatever you need to make it right in your minds.   UCF beat the team that beat the 2 teams playing in the title game.   they deserved to be there more than bama did no matter how much you think bama should be there.  

Lol at you man. You should know how this works. Yes UCF was the most deserving team but G5 will never get a seat at the table until we go to 8 teams. You are butthurt about the all SEC championship even though its likely the 2 best teams in the country. You are arguing for the 1 team I do think deserves to be there. So yea i guess you are right, but i just understand that wasnt going to happen. Next best team was alabama. If you want a lesser quality team in there because they won their conference i guess thats your opinion

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm so tired of this worn out excuse of an argument.

Tell me....how do you get to the CCG?

By having a better conference record than the teams in your division. You could lose 3 OOC games and that won't affect your chances whatsoever.

Edited by Nebfanatic

The problem with Bama is that if the playoff started on Dec 1 instead of Jan 1, we probably have a different outcome to the Clemson game. The second problem with Bama is that they were comparable to Wisconsin (mostly), OSU, UCF, USC, and not "unequivocally" better than them. And the SEC, as a whole was not unequivocally better than other conferences, the SEC should not have been awarded a second team. Admittedly, the trickle-down effect is a flaw within college football, but its also a reality.

More to the OP topic, I'm kinda hoping someone (here?) will alert when Frost is on. ;) This way I give ESPN as little rating as possible. :)

Also, not a fan of expanding the playoff, but if it were to happen, it needs to be started nearly immediately after the season. Again, using Bama as an example, I don't like that a team gets a month to heal and game-plan, essentially creating a DIFFERENT team than the one that earned/was-given the opportunity.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, the regular season matters.  Glad we agree.

The conference slate would matter but the regular season would be devalued. You could drop a few not worry about it. OSU would have had a 31 point loss to an unranked team erased. You limit the field to 5 teams, how does that not devalue the regular season? You eliminate all results except for a few. 

Just now, commando said:

bamafanatic is on a roll today.  he is defending his team when they are in the championship game that they were given the right to play for.  

Whatever buddy. Not a bama fan but i dont think its some big conspiracy. 2 threads complaining about alabama on this board and i think its dumb. They are one of the best teams. Not defending bama im just defending the results of the committee. I think they got it as right as could have without putting UCF in. If everyone wants to bitch and moan about it, go right ahead but I'm not going to sit around acting like your right in doing so. 

1. Jan 1 should have been the National Championship game.

2. There is plenty of time between the Conference Championships and Jan 1 to fit in an 8-team playoff.

3. Interest and viewership gets worse the longer the wait.  Right now more football fans are gearing up for the NFL Playoffs than the CFP. 

4. The lower bowls continue to be less and less relevant, and need to be replaced with 4-team or 8-team invitational Tournaments with early rounds on campuses.  Way more money to be made by schools than going to 6-figure salaries of "Bowl Commissioners"