2018 Season Notes

Mavric

12 hours ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

Not gonna solve the problem with offense.  Nebraska has shown they can only "clutch hit" when they're down 8+ runs most of this season.  Erstad has proven little or nothing as hitting coach in 5 years (counting 2011) and needed to take himself out of that position.  I would have hardly considered that the "easy" way out.

That’s where I’m at. Silva I can see because our pitching sans this past season has been our backbone. But why we would hold on to Kirby when it’s painfully obvious it’s been awful ever since Bolt left, is beyond me. We need to entirely change the offensive approach this offseason, Wilk and Scott are not gonna be there next season to bail us out.

• Plus1 2

Well, at least Scott Schrieber made himself some nice coin!

Move the Big 10 Freshman of the year out of the closer spot and he gets hurt.

Move the Friday night starter to the bullpen and make him completely irrelevant

Move Alvarado to your Friday night starter and out of the OF and completely ruin his Sr. year and possibly his draft stock.

Brilliant work all around Erstad.

10 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

That’s where I’m at. Silva I can see because our pitching sans this past season has been our backbone. But why we would hold on to Kirby when it’s painfully obvious it’s been awful ever since Bolt left, is beyond me. We need to entirely change the offensive approach this offseason, Wilk and Scott are not gonna be there next season to bail us out.

I don't know what the approach even is at this point.  They're terribly inconsistent at small-ball, make the weirdest baserunning decisions, strike out a ton, then score 22 runs in a game to make people think they're capable, every other game was just a matter of "bad luck"/"thaaaaaaat's baseball for ya" :dunno

On 5/21/2018 at 11:21 PM, Mavric said:

Tommy forgot to include to whole quote: “I don’t know if I’ve ever seen anyone as competitive as Darin Erstad...when there’s one doughnut left in the box and two people walk into the break room.”

• Plus1 1