All Pelini Team - QB  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your All Pelini Team QB?

• Joe Ganz
    • Zac Lee
    • Cody Green
    • Taylor Martinez

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/17/2018 at 03:08 AM

I voted TM just because of his overall impact.  I think Ganz was the better QB but only had one year wt Bo.  Now if Ganz had been there wt the SUH D of the following year - I think we would be talking NC contender if not winner.  Now wouldn't that had changed things.  Ganz wt Swift and Peterson as WR made for a pretty good trio.

I was going to start a topic similar to this, kind of in conjunction with the Signature Win thread I started a few days ago.  Great minds thinking alike!

It's a great topic. For me, it's Taylor Martinez all day, every day.  He was far and away superior to the other QBs - except in the locker room, where Taylor's personality held him back. But if I had to pick from that group for my Pelini Team QB, it's easily T-Magic.  Ganz would be the obvious #2.

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Now if Ganz had been there wt the SUH D of the following year - I think we would be talking NC contender if not winner.  Now wouldn't that had changed things. 

Or....if the coaches would have just left Burkead in for one or two more plays at the end of the OU CCG so that Henery could kick the game winning field goal instead of bringing in a clearly severely injured TMart only to get sacked twice taking us out of FG range.....TMart would have had a conference championship and would be

viewed much differently.

One of the dumbest decisions in Nebraska OC history.

Edited by BigRedBuster
  • Plus1 1

I can't believe Martinez completed 60% of his passes when we just had a guy who thinks he's going to NFL that couldn't hit that mark. TMart's game against Kansas St. gives him the slight edge over Ganz. I enjoyed Ganz, but you could always count on him to throw a pick at a bad time.  

55 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

If Taylor would have been healthy all 4 years, I honestly believe he would have won the Heisman.

Call me insane but he was that special of a player when 100% healthy. 

I dont think he was ever fully healthy after his freshman year.

I was convinced he was going to win it after the KSU game in 2010.

He never seemed to have the same step after that Mizzou game.