Trump is Racist

2 hours ago, QMany said:

Bump. 

referring to this I assume? Congresswoman Omar has truly brought the racist and xenophobic into the light and that extends past DT. Every day they attack her because of her faith and heratige. It is one of the most unamerican things I can think of to be saying the things DT said today and that the conservative folks say nearly daily about the Congresswoman and yet his base thinks they are 'defending this country'. It is sick.

• Plus1 4

I wonder how Trump decides who to attack based on their nationality...

image.jpeg.db04bed2475dd9f26adba20143353b79.jpeg

Born in Bronx, NY, USA.

image.jpeg.27a1218e90aac68c2c0c0f7ed7069e50.jpeg

Born in Detroit, MI, USA.

image.jpeg.5c8da9c710132e9059920da001c3395b.jpeg

Born in Chicago, IL, USA.

image.jpeg.06b6883f1b0e8132de4ed997a3415648.jpeg

Born in Somalia; secured US asylum from war at 10.

image.jpeg.610c4433999c16b29e658809360cfe43.jpeg

Born in Slovenia; secured permanent residence modeling...

image.jpeg.f3764a3b397fceb99f37e29ec6264945.jpeg

Born in France.

image.jpeg.b79265a1c0d4975c927f67f810ef11db.jpeg

Born in United Kingdom.

image.jpeg.79f9181788344e7caeb4551fc1980790.jpeg

Born in Canada.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

Also out of this manic stream of tweets he put out was more evidence that he thinks people of color don't belong here, or have come from somewhere else.  He bucketed 4 (female, which is a whole separate issue for Mr. Trump and is misogynistic tendencies).  

The whole subliminal "white power" bs is truly shocking.  That "there were bad people on both sides" and "they can go back to their $hithole countries", now this.  If you are not a white male you are not equal to american citizens in this idiots' mind.  A very dangerous man.

Trump doubling down this morning. This is why Im a proud supporter of the justice democrats. This is exactly why they came into existence. To get everyday working people into office to fight for their positions, uncorrupted by not taking lobbyist money and fight the other side. These women along with Ro Khanna are LEADERS! And the GOP hates it. When you have a president like this you fight him! And he cant f#&%ing stand it! I love it!

• Plus1 4

26 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I had to share this reply because it sums up how I feel every time someone scoffs at the comparison.

Yep.  Like the frog in the tub of water.  Best to be aware of changes as they occur than for it to be too late.   

So, just being devil's advocate. What about the tweet is racist? It's a select group of women who have criticized him, one foreign born. He doesn't denote their ethnicities. The one country in question (assuming he only really meant one, since he's an idiot and can't type well) is in fact a war torn nation in civil war for the better part of 3 decades.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, ZRod said:

So, just being devil's advocate. What about the tweet is racist? It's a select group of women who have criticized him, one foreign born. He doesn't denote their ethnicities. The one country in question (assuming he only really meant one, since he's an idiot and can't type well) is in fact a war torn nation in civil war for the better part of 3 decades.

Is the one country in question the United States?

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

I don’t think you’re playing devil’s advocate, more like it’s your new schtick to police how people react to things, but I digress. Sadly it’s hard to overreact to this. 

Which of Trump’s American enemies who aren’t minorities has he told to go back to their countries?

Assuming you’re White, have you asked any minorities whether it’s ever been said to them? Has it ever been said to you? No one has ever insulted me in that way, but I’ve already read dozens of accounts from minorities saying it was said to them growing up. 

And no he didn’t mean only one of them. You have to try really hard to come to the conclusion the tweet wasn’t racist. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

I'll play devils advocate - if it's not a statement he based on race, then it's based on sex.  I think these women have two marks agains them in Trumps world view.

if you scroll to the post above that has the pictures that explains it all pretty clearly.  

If he has issue with their beliefs or comments then he should have the maturity and professionalism to confront those.   But we know he's stupid and even if he understood the issues he is unable to do that. If he has issue with people born in other countries representing the constituents they work for there are far more examples, but oops, they're men, and they're white for the most part.  The fact that these were women, people of color and they disagreed with him, well that means all bets are off.

And lets' see what happens tonight - he'll never be able to not respond to their press conference.

• Plus1 2