Trump is Racist

7 minutes ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

Work guy has ALWAYS been like this - I’ve had enough after 5 years.  My husband has inexplicably started to convert over to being a supporter in about the last year, watching FauxNews night and day.  WTF?!!!  I can deal with it at work (even if I didn’t handle it well this time)... at home, though.  He used to be a sensible person.  Not the brightest bulb, but at least some common sense in there somewhere. It’s all gone now.  I want my shi**y life back, not the nightmare I’ve got now. 

Ouch. That must be really hard, sorry. Just today I asked my girlfriend what she thought things would be like if I was like one of the other midwestern white dudes in my age bracket who for some reason are on Team Trump. She point blank told me we wouldn't be together. 

Luckily we both agree politically for the most part and neither of us can stand him.

I've heard a lot of different folks talk about losing a loved one to the Fox News/Trump bubble. Really sucks. I hope he eases away from it somehow.

18 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Ouch. That must be really hard, sorry. Just today I asked my girlfriend what she thought things would be like if I was like one of the other midwestern white dudes in my age bracket who for some reason are on Team Trump. She point blank told me we wouldn't be together. 

Luckily we both agree politically for the most part and neither of us can stand him.

I've heard a lot of different folks talk about losing a loved one to the Fox News/Trump bubble. Really sucks. I hope he eases away from it somehow.

“We wouldn’t be together” —- let me tell you, I have thought of that if things don’t change.  :)  glad you’re not, and that you’re together still.  

EDIT:  ok, done ranting about the two people I live/work with.  Sorry I aired my dirty laundry.

2 hours ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

“We wouldn’t be together” —- let me tell you, I have thought of that if things don’t change.  :)  glad you’re not, and that you’re together still.  

EDIT:  ok, done ranting about the two people I live/work with.  Sorry I aired my dirty laundry.

Quite alright. I've learned a great deal from everyone in P&R just going back and forth on different issues, but largely it has existed during this administration as a place for people to vent. Feel free to swing back by any time. Always appreciate new voices.

10 hours ago, Landlord said:

How do you handle a relationship like that? I don't think I could or would be willing to.

27 minutes ago, ZRod said:

You don't bring it up.

Ya. We decided several years before Trump not to talk about politics because I already knew a lot of his views were the opposite of mine and because he thinks it’s funny to rile me up. I’m sure he’ll deny that if sees this post.

13 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Ya. We decided several years before Trump not to talk about politics because I already knew a lot of his views were the opposite of mine and because he thinks it’s funny to rile me up. I’m sure he’ll deny that if sees this post.

That all makes sense. We've all had friends and family who we disagree with and decide not to bring up the topic, especially politics. But Trump brings a different brand of political thought, based on reprehensible racism and vulgarity. 

I remember this post you made a few months ago because I agreed with it whole-heartedly: 

On 3/21/2019 at 3:49 PM, Moiraine said:

I’m of the belief that you can’t be a Trump support unless you’re stupid, a hypocrite, a psychopath, a racist, a mysoginist, or some combination of the above.

Other peoples' relationships are none of my business, and I don't want to instigate any domestic spats, but I can't help but wonder how the notion below can be reconciled with simply deciding not to talk about it? I mean, if I disagree with my spouse about how tax dollars should be spent or a variety of other political issues, we can set it aside and live with it. But, I couldn't be in a relationship with a stupid, hypocritical, racist psychopath. Racism is a deal breaker.

This is genuine intrigue, I hope I'm not stepping out of bounds for asking such a question.

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, Ulty said:

That all makes sense. We've all had friends and family who we disagree with and decide not to bring up the topic, especially politics. But Trump brings a different brand of political thought, based on reprehensible racism and vulgarity. 

I remember this post you made a few months ago because I agreed with it whole-heartedly: 

Other peoples' relationships are none of my business, and I don't want to instigate any domestic spats, but I can't help but wonder how the notion below can be reconciled with simply deciding not to talk about it? I mean, if I disagree with my spouse about how tax dollars should be spent or a variety of other political issues, we can set it aside and live with it. But, I couldn't be in a relationship with a stupid, hypocritical, racist psychopath. Racism is a deal breaker.

This is genuine intrigue, I hope I'm not stepping out of bounds for asking such a question.

Ya, I’m not gonna talk much about that here. I will say that although we rarely discuss it I know that he has disagreed with some of what Trump has done/said and I’m not 100% sure he’ll vote for him but I’m not going to go out of my way to discuss it with him. He doesn’t defend all the s#!t Trump has done. But I know that for whatever reason he thinks voting for a Democrat is crazytalk.

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, Ulty said:

I've had to unfollow and unfriend my Dad from social media due to his defense of Trumps latest racist outburst. I try not to worry about his views too much after we have had some disagreements in the past but that was the final straw. When he asked why we aren't friends anymore I had to call him out. That viewpoint is unacceptable to me. You are still my dad but I do not have to be subjected to your racist opinions and I suggest you take a long hard look at what side of history you are on right now. It is uncomfortable for sure.

• Plus1 3
11 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I've had to unfollow and unfriend my Dad from social media due to his defense of Trumps latest racist outburst. I try not to worry about his views too much after we have had some disagreements in the past but that was the final straw. When he asked why we aren't friends anymore I had to call him out. That viewpoint is unacceptable to me. You are still my dad but I do not have to be subjected to your racist opinions and I suggest you take a long hard look at what side of history you are on right now. It is uncomfortable for sure.

If he was super gungho everything Trump touches is gold and I had to hear it or read it all the time it would definitely change the relationship. As it is we probably talk politics 1 hour per year.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Wait, some of you have jobs where you can tell a coworker to shut the f#&% up and you think you are the victim?    And...you kept your job?

Is your company hiring????

there are times and people that the only correct response to them is "STFU"

1 minute ago, commando said:

there are times and people that the only correct response to them is "STFU"

At work?  During the workday?  

I am all in on this company.  I would love to work at a place where you can just tell people to shut the f#&% up and it is totally all good.  Sign me up!  

I am jealous!  Shoot, if we said that same exact thing here to a poster we would get banned.  

Just now, teachercd said:

At work?  During the workday?  

I am all in on this company.  I would love to work at a place where you can just tell people to shut the f#&% up and it is totally all good.  Sign me up!

i am a construction worker.  come on out and swelter in this heat and see if you can keep your cool when someone is basically demanding that you tell them to STFU.

Just now, commando said:

i am a construction worker.  come on out and swelter in this heat and see if you can keep your cool when someone is basically demanding that you tell them to STFU.

Ohhhh, yeah I feel like there is wiggle room in your profession.  Like, when I am coaching there have been some words exchanged at practice or in games...but not in the coaches office or in class...you know what I mean?

Maybe I should ask what type of place that person works at, I figured it was an office setting.

Speaking of construction.  still one of the best bits ever

• Haha 1