Trump is Racist

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

At work?  During the workday?  

I am all in on this company.  I would love to work at a place where you can just tell people to shut the f#&% up and it is totally all good.  Sign me up!  

I am jealous!  Shoot, if we said that same exact thing here to a poster we would get banned.  

If someone was in my office and constantly ranting about politics, I would personally tell them to STFU and I wouldn’t have a problem if the person’s coworker did it. 

The work place is not the place for that. 

10 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Wait, some of you have jobs where you can tell a coworker to shut the f#&% up and you think you are the victim?    And...you kept your job?

Is your company hiring????

Although I think a lot of us can sympathize with @Scarlet Overkill when it comes to listening to other people's unsolicited political rants, I think most of us would also agree that shouting STFU in the workplace is not the appropriate way to handle it. It was a funny anecdote though. 

No, I don't think you would want to work in a place where that kind of behavior is commonplace though.

11 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I am all in on this company.  I would love to work at a place where you can just tell people to shut the f#&% up and it is totally all good.  Sign me up!  

I am jealous!  Shoot, if we said that same exact thing here to a poster we would get banned.  

No one would get banned for telling someone else on here to STFU unless they already had warnings. They’d get suspended.

And I think a lot of people where I work could say that and not get fired unless it was completely unwarranted. Or unless it was to their boss.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

If someone was in my office and constantly ranting about politics, I would personally tell them to STFU and I wouldn’t have a problem if the person’s coworker did it. 

The work place is not the place for that. 

Sure...but is it for telling someone to shut the f#&% up?  I feel like that is not professional either.  And what if it was a worker to boss?  Or boss to worker? 

I really can't imagine that happening without major issues.  I have never even said a "bad" word to a coworker in a professional setting that was meant as a way to order/intimidate another worker.

2 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Although I think a lot of us can sympathize with @Scarlet Overkill when it comes to listening to other people's unsolicited political rants, I think most of us would also agree that shouting STFU in the workplace is not the appropriate way to handle it. It was a funny anecdote though. 

No, I don't think you would want to work in a place where that kind of behavior is commonplace though.

During meetings...when I have a coworker ranting about s#!t...I start to zone out and pretend like I am working on my laptop.

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

No one would get banned for telling someone else on here to STFU unless they already had warnings. They’d get suspended.

And I think a lot of people where I work could say that and not get fired unless it was completely unwarranted. Or unless it was to their boss.

I meant suspended.  

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Sure...but is it for telling someone to shut the f#&% up?  I feel like that is not professional either.  And what if it was a worker to boss?  Or boss to worker? 

I really can't imagine that happening without major issues.  I have never even said a "bad" word to a coworker in a professional setting that was meant as a way to order/intimidate another worker.

During meetings...when I have a coworker ranting about s#!t...I start to zone out and pretend like I am working on my laptop.

I'm in a job where if people do or say inappropriate things - it often gets reported to me to address it. So I frequently have meetings with people to look them in the eye and diplomatically and respectfully tell them to STFU, without actually using those words. I enjoy it.

2 minutes ago, Ulty said:

I'm in a job where if people do or say inappropriate things - it often gets reported to me to address it. So I frequently have meetings with people to look them in the eye and diplomatically and respectfully tell them to STFU, without actually using those words. I enjoy it.

Hahaha!

"Here is a better way to say what you said..."  Hahaha

"Also...you can't say sugar-boobs and slap her on the butt anymore"

25 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

If he was super gungho everything Trump touches is gold and I had to hear it or read it all the time it would definitely change the relationship. As it is we probably talk politics 1 hour per year.

I can completely understand your situation and respect it. I just could relate to that subject and felt like chiming in with my recent experience. I try to curate my social media anyway so I am only seeing certain messages through out my day if I do get on them so it has more to do with that than 'cutting off' my dad. 

43 minutes ago, teachercd said:

you should have heard how our VP talked at my last company.   Screaming F bombs on an hourly basis that could be heard in China.  Meanwhile, we shared a suite with another company and her office was right by people from the other company who had to talk with customers on the phone.

2 minutes ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

you should have heard how our VP talked at my last company.   Screaming F bombs on an hourly basis that could be heard in China.  Meanwhile, we shared a suite with another company and her office was right by people from the other company who had to talk with customers on the phone.

I want in!!!  This sounds crazy and fun

35 minutes ago, teachercd said:

guess you had to be there?  This is the first time i've done anything like that ever.   I could no longer zone out with him, and my past, more professional, attempts to get him to stop didn't work.  Which is worse - listening non stop to rants of any kind all day, or 10 seconds of stfu?    Believe it or not, we get along great when he's not whining about everything.

13 minutes ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

That's a pretty common older corporate mentality. There are thousands of stories like that in my industry, but today you rarely hear anyone get cussed out. I've seen someone berated once and I lost a ton of respect for the guy doing it the yelling. He never cursed, bit it was a pointless rant because he just wanted to make a point infront of his team, only to back track in private. I've also heard a guy yell at a supplier to STFU, listen, and f#&%ing figure it out. That last one was actually hilarious because he was trying to give directions into the building and the whole office of 300 people heard it. Things get pretty heated during a program launch, but you should still be respectful to everyone.

10 minutes ago, ZRod said:

That's a pretty common older corporate mentality. There are thousands of stories like that in my industry, but today you rarely hear anyone get cussed out. I've seen someone berated once and I lost a ton of respect for the guy doing it the yelling. He never cursed, bit it was a pointless rant because he just wanted to make a point infront of his team, only to back track in private. I've also heard a guy yell at a supplier to STFU, listen, and f#&%ing figure it out. That last one was actually hilarious because he was trying to give directions into the building and the whole office of 300 people heard it. Things get pretty heated during a program launch, but you should still be respectful to everyone.

and to bring this back to topic, some of us actually called her, Female Trump.  (BTW - she wasn't even that old.  nor qualified to be a VP, or any aptitude for it, but she could sure hurl word bombs at people)

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

If someone just went around telling people to STFU, I would have a problem with it. 

But, I’ve witnessed Situations where some is being a sort of bully with their political opinions and in that situation, STFU, could be very appropriate. 

An office can have major issues when one person feels they can bully everyone around and everyone should agree with them on issues that have nothing to do with work....politics is one of those issues. 

In fact, I don’t want politics even discussed at work. It is way too divisive of a topic. So, if someone is being over bearing talking politics, then people need to stand up to them and cut it off. 

And.....no. Nobody is going to tell me to STFU.....mainly because I don’t discuss politics at work.