Trump is Racist

47 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Sadly the lounge has become a different place....years ago you could smoke, make fun of students and parents...that is no longer the case...It is now more of a "oh really...you mowed your lawn on Sunday instead of Friday?" type of place.

I remember walking by the teachers lounge in like 1st or 2nd grade and seeing them smoke.  Totally bizarre experience.  Even for the late 80s.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I would be canned and anyone would in my school would be canned for telling another teacher or student to shut the f#&% up...

To or around students I completely understand. And I understand it isn't acceptable or ok to tell that to someone but as others have said I can see plenty a scenario where that behavior gets a warning rather than a termination notice. But I also work in a kitchen so the environment is a bit different haha.

7 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

To or around students I completely understand. And I understand it isn't acceptable or ok to tell that to someone but as others have said I can see plenty a scenario where that behavior gets a warning rather than a termination notice. But I also work in a kitchen so the environment is a bit different haha.

Pancakes!  f#&% YOU!!  Ha  :)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, The Dude said:

I remember walking by the teachers lounge in like 1st or 2nd grade and seeing them smoke.  Totally bizarre experience.  Even for the late 80s.

The teachers lounge back in the day was a sacred place...filled with smoke..."irish coffee"...and the exchange of great teaching ideas like this "Joyce...do you have that video on the planets?  I want to show that to all my classes tomorrow since it is Friday"

12 hours ago, teachercd said:

Sadly the lounge has become a different place....years ago you could smoke, make fun of students and parents...that is no longer the case...It is now more of a "oh really...you mowed your lawn on Sunday instead of Friday?" type of place.

Dude, switch buildings!   

12 hours ago, Moiraine said:

That's sad I always imagined it as a place where you scheme to get the principal fired so you can take his place and then meet the guy you're most jealous of in the almost-afterlife. I'd think it would be hard to have that job and not complain about the students.

maxresdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Teach’s version of the lounge is nothing like the buildings I’ve been in.  But public school is probably more fun than private.

13 hours ago, teachercd said:

I would be canned and anyone would in my school would be canned for telling another teacher or student to shut the f#&% up...

Are you really this bothered by it, or just bored enough to keep commenting your disbelief?  FWIW, the dude I said it to, immediately laughed.  Pretty sure he was baiting one of us to do it.  Also, you really don’t know the dynamics of it.  In your work setting, it’s unthinkable, I get it.  Maybe it’s a Northeast thing, but the F bomb is very common in all the offices I’ve worked at, so to me, it’s not like this major deal you’re making it out to be.  Also, there are things this man has said that are 10000% more offensive without using profanity.  I am hesitant to even say it, but amongst other things, he’s been overheard as saying he wants to go to the border and start picking off people... so, which is worse - using profanity one time, or things he repeatedly says?  I think most of the time he does it to get me and another girl completely worked up about it, but I think he does believe the crap he peddles and either way THAT is not acceptable work discussion.

27 minutes ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

Are you really this bothered by it, or just bored enough to keep commenting your disbelief?  FWIW, the dude I said it to, immediately laughed.  Pretty sure he was baiting one of us to do it.  Also, you really don’t know the dynamics of it.  In your work setting, it’s unthinkable, I get it.  Maybe it’s a Northeast thing, but the F bomb is very common in all the offices I’ve worked at, so to me, it’s not like this major deal you’re making it out to be.  Also, there are things this man has said that are 10000% more offensive without using profanity.  I am hesitant to even say it, but amongst other things, he’s been overheard as saying he wants to go to the border and start picking off people... so, which is worse - using profanity one time, or things he repeatedly says?  I think most of the time he does it to get me and another girl completely worked up about it, but I think he does believe the crap he peddles and either way THAT is not acceptable work discussion.

Bothered, no.  Amazed by it, yes.  But as you explain more and more it makes more sense.  I did sales years ago and some of the people I called and chatted with were in the Northeast and I remember their language on the phone compared to others.  I didn't really have the context of it all until now when you explained it more.  It sounds more like "haha" instead of so abrasive.  

And yes, I was bored.  

• Plus1 1