Mike Riley’s salary at Oregon State... $50k.

Saunders

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I guess it can't really be on OSU, can it?  I mean, a contract from NU can't force OSU to pay a certain amount, right?  This would all be on Riley, is that right?

I am sure nebraska could say ok. Whatever mike riley's job title is. The last 5 years history shows that position has made 450k. You are paying Riley 50k to stick it to NU. There has to be something about that.

2 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I am sure nebraska could say ok. Whatever mike riley's job title is. The last 5 years history shows that position has made 450k. You are paying Riley 50k to stick it to NU. There has to be something about that.

You might be right, I have no idea how those things would work.

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think it's kinda funny that Riley is only making $50K.  It doesn't bother me at all that this isn't going to significantly reduce NU's payments to him.  Riley would probably be a volunteer coach at Oregon State, if it were allowed.

I totally agree.  Like I said, I hope he gets every cent from NU.  It is the dream...getting paid to not work.  If anything I am jealous of him.

I would love to read his contract, specifically the mitigation of damages and market value clauses, negotiated by Eichorst. Riley is spitting in Nebraska's face with this act. I vaguely remember an uproar when Bo Pelini took a job as a Head Coach, at a Division I program, making the same base salary as his predecessor ($213,894).

• Plus1 4