Mike Riley’s salary at Oregon State... $50k.

Saunders

Just now, Pedro Guerrero said:

Who are these Bo Pelini and Mike Riley characters you people are talking about?

If I were either of these characters I would take as much money from my former employer as possible.  As would every single person on here.

You're missing the point.

Nebraska should pay them everything they are owed.  IF THEY STAY UNEMPLOYED.

Once you take a job, the contract states that the job taken has to be paid comparable to other jobs of the same position.  Riley and Bo agreed to this.  And only one of them honored it

• Plus1 5

I realize that the MO around here is to overreact before all the facts are in but there is no way Riley and OSU are sticking it to Nebraska. I'm quite sure his remaining contract will be mitigated by the going rate for the job and not by the paltry $50k. I'd bet the actual amount has already been agreed to and MR is just giving OSU a deal and Nebraska will be using somewhere closer to $200k mitigation (or whatever that position typically pays). You and I may be concerned about $100k per year but I doubt it's a blip on the screen for MR.

Edited by Comfortably Numb
  • Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, runningblind said:

That is exactly what I was saying to the other dude, but he thinks I am naive. :thumbs

13 minutes ago, LaunchCode said:

tOSU's athletic revenue is nearly $100,000,000 more than OSU's. 

The latest figures I can find from USA Today show only one Power 5 conference school with lower revenue than Oregon State and that would be the program our AD came from.  So if you're going to look at average salaries, realize Oregon State's revenue is closer to Central Florida's than Marylands'.

Guys, the lowest paid assistant coach at oregon state last year was 200,004 Cory Hall. So how do we explain that. I dont care where they compare to Ohio State or Maryland. Facts say their lowest paid guy last year was 200k. 

• Plus1 3
41 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Guys, the lowest paid assistant coach at oregon state last year was 200,004 Cory Hall. So how do we explain that. I dont care where they compare to Ohio State or Maryland. Facts say their lowest paid guy last year was 200k. 

I think Corey Hall was their interim HC after Gary Anderson quit mid season so 200k for an interim HC seems pretty low.

Bottom line though, as already pointed out, we don't have all the details and are jumping to conclusions.  It could very well be that MR and N have agreed to an offset that is higher than the 50K he's accepted from OSU.  Until we find that out it's all hot air, but that's what we do on message boards, take a fraction of the story an run with it : )

• Plus1 1

Notre Dame is the 4th most profitable CFB school to my knowledge. Brian Kelly makes $1.62M....I get that Ohio St has way more money than Oregon St but $50k is laughable. Hell, you can make $30k at McDonald's. Either way I don't really care about Mike anymore. We got Frost 

Edited by BIG ERN
  • Plus1 2

26 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Notre Dame is the 4th most profitable CFB school to my knowledge. Brian Kelly makes $1.62M....I get that Ohio St has way more money than Oregon St but $50k is laughable. Hell, you can make $30k at McDonald's. Either way I don't really care about Mike anymore. We got Frost 

Notre dame is no lower than the 2nd most profitable and likely at the top.   They don't release their budget numbers and even if they did, it would be a modified number after the money they kick back into the university.  

1 hour ago, LaunchCode said:

I think Corey Hall was their interim HC after Gary Anderson quit mid season so 200k for an interim HC seems pretty low.

Bottom line though, as already pointed out, we don't have all the details and are jumping to conclusions.  It could very well be that MR and N have agreed to an offset that is higher than the 50K he's accepted from OSU.  Until we find that out it's all hot air, but that's what we do on message boards, take a fraction of the story an run with it : )

Here is the Oregon State coaches pay from last year, it wasn't $200,000 as the interim, the article was published before Andersen left.

The asterisk notes that this does not include the $75k from being interim.

146 Oregon State Pac-12 Kevin Clune $450,000 $450,000 $119,443 $2,590,032 --
206 Oregon State Pac-12 Kevin McGiven $375,000 $375,000 $106,943 $2,590,032 --
209 Oregon State Pac-12 T.J. Woods $375,000 $375,000 $106,943 $2,590,032 --
342 Oregon State Pac-12 Chad Kauha'aha'a $290,004 $290,004 $92,777 $2,590,032 --
400 Oregon State Pac-12 Dave Baldwin $250,008 $250,008 $86,111 $2,590,032 --
442 Oregon State Pac-12 Telly Lockette $230,004 $230,004 $82,777 $2,590,032 --
469 Oregon State Pac-12 Jason Phillips $220,008 $220,008 $81,111 $2,590,032 --
496 Oregon State Pac-12 John Rushing $200,004 $200,004 $77,777 $2,590,032 --
497 Oregon State Pac-12 Cory Hall $200,004 $200,004 $77,777 $2,590,032

--

Edited by HuskerNBigD
12 minutes ago, Crazyhole said:

Notre dame is no lower than the 2nd most profitable and likely at the top.   They don't release their budget numbers and even if they did, it would be a modified number after the money they kick back into the university.  

4th, according to this article.

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2017/05/richest_college_football_progr.html

Edited by HuskerNBigD
1 hour ago, HuskerNBigD said:

Not sure that I buy that article.   TAMU is by far the richest athletic department in the country of schools that report earnings.  Not sure if they were just focusing on football or leaving out licensing rights but there's no way that list is correct.