Great linemen= great success

2 hours ago, Crazyhole said:

That's the bizarre part.   Why wouldn't you eat a free, high quality meal every time instead of paying for crap? If I had the opportunity to eat lobster for free I sure as heck wouldn't pay for a McDonald's hamburger. 

They do get some money to eat at other places around town as well - at least part of the time.  So they could also eat crap for free.

On 1/18/2018 at 10:01 AM, Crazyhole said:

Well considering that Alabama's line pushed defenders around and Nebraska's line got pushed around by defenders, it stands to reason that they are a stronger group.  The picture is just further evidence of that.  Conjecture would be saying that not a single one of our linemen would have started at Alabama this year, although it's probably an opinion that most people would agree with.  

..well stated..anyone that have somewhat good vision could clearly see Alabama o line would get the push..and quick enough to win at point of attack..

On 1/17/2018 at 8:08 AM, Nebfanatic said:

People just love to nitpick 

...compete offensive line failure is nitpicking..? Hum..those 5 fellas usually determine what the scoreboard looks like., well, to clarify, both O and D linemen oft determine the score board..I’ve seen it over and over how great big men cover up allot of other team weaknesses...2009 husker defensive line is good object example..it was a shame Our offense was a failure, that defense line was THE reason we won games that year..when you take away ALL the inside runs and get pressure with only 4 lineman, it opens up havoc on that offense.

On 1/17/2018 at 10:43 PM, Mavric said:

I guess you'll have to explain to me what I'm wrong about.  People have long been complaining about the lack of toned abs of our linemen.  That's nothing more than wanting to complain about something.

Man you keep saying “complain”..however ever comment I read of yours is divisive in nature, argumentive and just generally not desirable to read..you appear to take some moral high ground , however it is so littered with hypocrisy...you the pot calling kettle black in the way you come off..which delegitimizes  all you say..

17 minutes ago, 1994 Husker said:

...compete offensive line failure is nitpicking..? Hum..those 5 fellas usually determine what the scoreboard looks like., well, to clarify, both O and D linemen oft determine the score board..I’ve seen it over and over how great big men cover up allot of other team weaknesses...2009 husker defensive line is good object example..it was a shame Our offense was a failure, that defense line was THE reason we won games that year..when you take away ALL the inside runs and get pressure with only 4 lineman, it opens up havoc on that offense.

Thats cool. Still can't draw any conclusions from pictures and there is absolutley no way to say that strength training was the issue with our offensive line. I don't think anyone will disagree great lineman equal better football teams, but trying to deduct a linemans skill level and strength based off of pictures is ridiculous. Drawing conclusion on our coaches gameplan intentions from a picture is even more ridiculous. 

• Plus1 1
52 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Thats cool. Still can't draw any conclusions from pictures and there is absolutley no way to say that strength training was the issue with our offensive line. I don't think anyone will disagree great lineman equal better football teams, but trying to deduct a linemans skill level and strength based off of pictures is ridiculous. Drawing conclusion on our coaches gameplan intentions from a picture is even more ridiculous. 

Don't need the pictures.   We have the video of them getting schooled over and over again.   The pictures and the reports that they weren't eating at the training table or going to the strength center just corroborate that.   I'm not sure what exactly the counter argument is to the whole issue because all of the evidence points in the same direction: they were slow, weak, ill-trained,  and ineffective.   

5 hours ago, 1994 Husker said:

Man you keep saying “complain”..however ever comment I read of yours is divisive in nature, argumentive and just generally not desirable to read..you appear to take some moral high ground , however it is so littered with hypocrisy...you the pot calling kettle black in the way you come off..which delegitimizes  all you say..

I feel bad ... living rent free in your head like this.

You are waaaaaay over-reaching here.  I think people complaining about the lack of toned abs on our OLine are just looking to complain about something.  There is plenty to complain about without resorting to that type of thing.  

All I did was ask for someone to point out what I was wrong about.  So far no one has.  :dunno

• Plus1 3
10 hours ago, Mavric said:

You are waaaaaay over-reaching here.  I think people complaining about the lack of toned abs on our OLine are just looking to complain about something.  There is plenty to complain about without resorting to that type of thing.  

giphy.gif

• Plus1 2
15 hours ago, Crazyhole said:

Don't need the pictures.   We have the video of them getting schooled over and over again.   The pictures and the reports that they weren't eating at the training table or going to the strength center just corroborate that.   I'm not sure what exactly the counter argument is to the whole issue because all of the evidence points in the same direction: they were slow, weak, ill-trained,  and ineffective.   

So if they turn around and do well this year are they still slow and weak? What will you make of their body shape then?

2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

So if they turn around and do well this year are they still slow and weak? What will you make of their body shape then?

I'll probably attribute it to a change to more zone blocking.  We will know more as the season goes on with them if we see more pulling and have a better idea of their strength and agility.   I haven't focused on their body shape other than it looks like corroborating evidence to the fact that they looked weak and slow.  

18 hours ago, Mavric said:

I feel bad ... living rent free in your head like this.

All I did was ask for someone to point out what I was wrong about.  So far no one has.  :dunno

...well okay, you asked what you were “wrong about “...the “toned abs”...nobody except you brought this up...and the premise of post had nothing to do about toned abs..it was the glarining poor muscle/fat composition...and manifested by zero push on the field..they know snap count and get beat to the point of attack..or a 

Purdue 259 defensive end pushes  flips one of 300+ fat boy linemen into the QB -RB handoff area and then proceeds to knock him straight on his butt...(pancake)..

23 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

.no conclusion or connection from pictures to field play..? Really..? The pictures absolutely reflect gameplay..sloppy, lazy, attitude..ect

29 minutes ago, 1994 Husker said:

.no conclusion or connection from pictures to field play..? Really..? The pictures absolutely reflect gameplay..sloppy, lazy, attitude..ect

Yes really. No they don't.

On page 1 you tried to compare biceps from a non action picture to a guy actively blocking to prove your point. Go compare how your bicep looks when you flex it vs when it doesn't. It should look different.

I think it's pretty safe to say Nebraska may have been lacking in strength and conditioning but these photos aren't enough to make a case for it.

• Plus1 2