Jump to content


Bracketology


Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts


It has B1G at 4 teams. I think it is safe to say that MSU, Purdue, Michigan and Ohio State are going dancing.

 

If they go 5 or 6, Nebraska has to compete with Indiana, Maryland, Penn State and Minnesota.

 

Nebraska saved itself last night by beating Illinois. That being said, they NEED a resume building win or a couple. The next two games are just that. Michigan and Ohio State. If you somehow win those two, I think you really have a chance.

 

I think we are probably NIT bound which sucks because this team has a ton of talent but games like last night and Penn State are why I dont think they can do enough to make the dance.

 

Losing to Kansas sucks so hardcore right now.. that would have been the big win we needed.

 

Take care of business at home(5-1?)(Mich,IA,Rut,MD,IND, PSU) and go 3-2 on the road and I think you are in. 12-6 in Big Ten play gets you in. 

 

Obviously you can still get in if you dont go 8-3 from here on out, but that I think pencils them in for sure. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Big red surfers said:

I’ll be the party pooper. They miss out on everything. They can’t shoot and what’s even worse the have zero offense rebounding ability.  Theses will bite them in there arse.  No reason they needed a miracle 3 to beat Illinois.  This team is not that good. 

 

I'm not completely sold yet either.  They've played better at times but the last two games haven't been that great.

 

But I think they'd really have to go in the tank to miss out on the NIT at this point.  The schedule simply isn't all that tough with the B1G being down this year.

 

We're 13-7 with 11 regular season games plus the B1G tournament left.  Last year Indiana got in the NIT at 18-15 and Illinois and Iowa got in at 18-14.  Granted their SOS may have been better but I think if we get in that range we'd probably get an invite.  That would mean going 5-6 would put us at 18-13 going into the tournament.  We still have Rutgers (twice), Iowa and Illinois who are the bottom three teams in the B1G right now.  We also have Wisconsin, Minnesota, Maryland and Penn St who are below .500 in conference right now.  If we got 3 out of the first four and split the other four, that's 18 wins before the B1G tournament.  

 

I wouldn't be shocked if we did worse than that but that's not exactly Murder's Row coming down the stretch.

Link to comment

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

I'm mostly a bandwagon husker basketball fan. So I have a (possibly stupid) question.

 

Is Miles on the hot seat and if so how many wins do we need for him not to get fired? Would he get fired if we went 15-16?

Miles SHOULD be on the hot seat IMO but I think the new AD might hesitate to make a basketball coaching change, especially considering he's only attended 1 game so far this season. I think you're most likely going to see Miles back next year and judged off of how the team performs in 2018-19 (not much differently than this year IMO)

 

EDIT: and the reason I say this isn't because of the record. Its because the team in 6 years of Tim being head coach hasn't really progressed offensively and has had rebounding issues the whole time Miles has been in charge. The overall talent level of the team is light years ahead of where it was when Miles took over, but I give most of that credit to Kenya Hunter. I don't believe that Miles has what it takes at this point based off of his offensive scheme and lack of ability to teach his players to block out and finish possessions to lead us to the NCAA tournament and beyond. 

Edited by seaofred92
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I'm mostly a bandwagon husker basketball fan. So I have a (possibly stupid) question.

 

Is Miles on the hot seat and if so how many wins do we need for him not to get fired? Would he get fired if we went 15-16?

 

I'm not much of a Miles fan but if he can get to the 18-19 win range and make at least the NIT, I doubt he'd be fired.  That's a pretty good (record) improvement over the last three years (even if the B1G is down this year) so I think he'd be back.

 

So to answer your question I think he was firmly on the hot seat to start the year but a pretty decent record so far has him in much better shape.  It would take a pretty bad finish to get him in serious trouble, imo.  From this point, if we finish 15-16 I think he'd be gone.

Link to comment
22 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

It has B1G at 4 teams. I think it is safe to say that MSU, Purdue, Michigan and Ohio State are going dancing.

 

If they go 5 or 6, Nebraska has to compete with Indiana, Maryland, Penn State and Minnesota.

 

Nebraska saved itself last night by beating Illinois. That being said, they NEED a resume building win or a couple. The next two games are just that. Michigan and Ohio State. If you somehow win those two, I think you really have a chance.

 

I think we are probably NIT bound which sucks because this team has a ton of talent but games like last night and Penn State are why I dont think they can do enough to make the dance.

 

Losing to Kansas sucks so hardcore right now.. that would have been the big win we needed.

 

Take care of business at home(5-1?)(Mich,IA,Rut,MD,IND, PSU) and go 3-2 on the road and I think you are in. 12-6 in Big Ten play gets you in. 

 

Obviously you can still get in if you dont go 8-3 from here on out, but that I think pencils them in for sure. 

Won't happen., but let's say it does. I would say they should be considered for sure!

Link to comment
16 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I'm mostly a bandwagon husker basketball fan. So I have a (possibly stupid) question.

 

Is Miles on the hot seat and if so how many wins do we need for him not to get fired? Would he get fired if we went 15-16?

Yes he is on the hot seat. So far I dont think he would go anywhere but it depends how he finishes. If we go in to the tank like the football team did and finish with 15-16 wins I think Moos lets him go... I think we finish with around 19 wins... Thats enough for the NIT and 1 more year for Miles.

 

But they lose a ton of guys after next year... so Miles better have talent waiting in the wings.

Link to comment

3 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Moos said that Miles is doing a good job, he has good recruits coming in and the seats are full.  I would say that he is not on the hot seat right now.

Probably not on the hot seat right now, but definitely was at the beginning of the season.  Seat is still probably warm, but could go either way depending on how the season ends.

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I disagree, as basketball was not a priority for Moos in year 1.

 

I disagree.  With all the talk of "competing" from Green, Bounds and Moos, I think a fourth straight year of non-competitive basketball would have been the end of Miles.  Football has been set to rights for a couple weeks now and it's still two months until the end of basketball season.  That's plenty of time for him to make any evaluations he wants about the program.

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

 

I disagree.  With all the talk of "competing" from Green, Bounds and Moos, I think a fourth straight year of non-competitive basketball would have been the end of Miles.  Football has been set to rights for a couple weeks now and it's still two months until the end of basketball season.  That's plenty of time for him to make any evaluations he wants about the program.

There is much more than basketball going on.  I am just saying with the filling of the seats PBA, it was not a priority.  The seat might have been warm at the beginning of the year, but it was far from hot.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...