Bracketology

Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?

• Yes
    • No, and no postseason tournament
    • No, but makes NIT

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2018 at 11:17 PM

2 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

I was thinking maybe one would be virtually eliminated on Sunday.

No that would be logical, that doesn't work for the selection committee.

Baylor may have done enough tonight to get in, so hopefully only one of Oklahoma, Texas, and Kansas State get in.

I'm sick of the Big XII lovefest.

Two things I don't like about CBB:

1. The regular season conference winners are the ones who should be auto qualifiers, especially for smaller schools/conferences 
  2. Every Big 6 should have 4 auto qualifiers and then take the rest for at large bids 

I would even be okay with getting rid of the conference tournament. Maybe even keep divisions like football and they play for the B10 title at the end. 

We won 22 games this year and lets say we beat Michigan and then lose to Mich St and get left out. Our then 23 wins and 14 conference wins meant nothing. We could have been 0-31 and made a run to win the B10 title game and got in. Never made sense to me 

25 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Two things I don't like about CBB:

1. The regular season conference winners are the ones who should be auto qualifiers, especially for smaller schools/conferences 
  2. Every Big 6 should have 4 auto qualifiers and then take the rest for at large bids 

I would even be okay with getting rid of the conference tournament. Maybe even keep divisions like football and they play for the B10 title at the end. 

We won 22 games this year and lets say we beat Michigan and then lose to Mich St and get left out. Our then 23 wins and 14 conference wins meant nothing. We could have been 0-31 and made a run to win the B10 title game and got in. Never made sense to me 

I agree with point #1; it's incredibly disingenuous to the spirit of the game for a smaller conference team to dominate their regular season, but not make the tournament if they don't win their conference tournament. Point #2 is pretty much already done; if you're in the top 4 of a Power Conference, you're almost guaranteed to make the tournament.....although this year could be the exception to the rule. 

Lunardi having Alabama as a 10 seed, #7 "safe team", and 9 spots ahead of Nebraska is laughable

They have lost their last 4 games by an average of 13 points (2 of those at home).  Yes, they were to the RPI ranked #16, 7, 27, and 45 teams, but at some point you have to win games.  Bama's RPi is 57 (Nebraska's is 59).

5 hours ago, Red Five said:

Lunardi having Alabama as a 10 seed, #7 "safe team", and 9 spots ahead of Nebraska is laughable

They have lost their last 4 games by an average of 13 points (2 of those at home).  Yes, they were to the RPI ranked #16, 7, 27, and 45 teams, but at some point you have to win games.  Bama's RPi is 57 (Nebraska's is 59).

I agree but people seen to favor a slightly above .500 team with 3 top 25 wins over a team with a great record who only has 1 top 25 win but wins the games that they should win.

3 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

I agree but people seen to favor a slightly above .500 team with 3 top 25 wins over a team with a great record who only has 1 top 25 win but wins the games that they should win.

Of the 22 teams I listed, Nebraska is 2nd (behind NC State) in Strength of Record, which is basically a measure of team accomplishment based on how difficult a team's W-L record is to achieve given the schedule that they faced.  I think this should be a pretty big deal - we'll see if the committee thinks so.