Bracketology

Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?

• Yes
    • No, and no postseason tournament
    • No, but makes NIT

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2018 at 11:17 PM

5 hours ago, The Murphinator said:

Look at this BS from a BTN guy. You think they would be clamoring for Nebraska to be in the tournament but...

Wasn't that a big storyline all year with NW and their tourney appearance last year? I don't really follow basketball all that much but aren't we one of the few teams remaining that haven't won a tourney game yet? So you'd think that us getting off the schneid would be kind of a big deal wouldn't you?

48 minutes ago, The Cornfather said:

Wasn't that a big storyline all year with NW and their tourney appearance last year? I don't really follow basketball all that much but aren't we one of the few teams remaining that haven't won a tourney game yet? So you'd think that us getting off the schneid would be kind of a big deal wouldn't you?

I believe we are only Power conference team with zero NCAA tournament wins 

On 2/28/2018 at 10:06 PM, Mavric said:

I'm pretty sure the conference can designate which team gets their auto-bid.  Everyone does their tournament champion but I believe they could designate their regular-season champion instead.

I think the Ivy League used to give their automatic bid to the regular season champ if I remember correctly.

15 minutes ago, KazLongDrives300 said:

I think the Ivy League used to give their automatic bid to the regular season champ if I remember correctly.

They did because they didn't have a conference tournament.  Now that they do have a tournament, the tournament winner gets the auto bid.  Only the top four get in the tournament and it played on a Saturday/Sunday so it doesn't interfere with school.

3 hours ago, ECisGod said:

They did because they didn't have a conference tournament.  Now that they do have a tournament, the tournament winner gets the auto bid.  Only the top four get in the tournament and it played on a Saturday/Sunday so it doesn't interfere with school.

I see.  Thanks for clarifying....i didnt realize they didnt play a conference tournament. 

Here is today's version of my predictions for at-large teams.  Lunardi hasn't updated his for a couple days, so I revised this myself and added some teams that are still getting put in brackets on bracketmatrix.com (FYI: NEBRASKA IS ON 9/70 brackets on their website)

These comments and projection are my opinions (left column is current standing, right column is how I think it plays out):

image.png.ef7be26a82a1e73da8dc5052ba31213d.png

NC State drops slightly, but their resume is still decent overall.

Louisville blew a chance at a big win, but the loss doesn't really change their resume much.

Arizona State and Washington avoided bad losses so they stay put.

I probably value the SOR more than some bracketologists, and Nebraska is 2nd of the 26 teams listed, 1 spot behind K-State

If we had beaten Illinois, our RPI would be 36th instead of 52nd...

If we lose to Michigan it will be 58th. I'd project us as a 1 seed to the NIT.

If we beat Michigan and lose to Michigan State, it will be 41st.  I'd project us in, but in the first round games.

If we beat Michigan and Michigan State but lose to Purdue, it will be 35th.  I'd project us in, probably as a 10 seed.

Rooting interests (in order of how much it would help Nebraska):

3/1 - (3 out of 6 for the day)

Michigan over Iowa - check

Virginia over Louisville - check

Cal over Arizona State - not even close

Oregon State over Washington - almost

Georgia Tech over NC State - check

Arkansas State over Louisiana (take away any chance of Louisiana getting an at-large bid) - nope

3/2

NEBRASKA over Michigan (none of this matters if they don't win this game)

Iowa State over Oklahoma

Loyola-Chicago over Northern Iowa (if they win the MVC there is no worry about them stealing an at-large bid)

If you think Nebraska needs another good win, then root Michigan State, if you want an easier path to the championship, root for Wisconsin

3/3

NEBRASKA over Michigan State/Wisconsin winner

West Virginia over Texas

St. John's over Providence

Stanford over Arizona State

LSU over Mississippi State

Texas A&M over Alabama

NC State over Louisville

Clemson over Syracuse

Virginia over Notre Dame

St. Louis over St. Bonaventure

Oregon over Washington

Colorado over Utah

Creighton over Marquette

Boston College over Florida State

Kansas State over Baylor (I don't know if it matters which way this one goes, I just hope the loser gets bumped out)

3/4

NEBRASKA to win the Big Ten Championship Game

No low RPI teams to win their conference tournaments and steal at-large bids

• Plus1 5

17 minutes ago, GSG said:

So true.  After the Illinois game and this embarrassment I think Nebraska should be out. No defense, an offense of one man efforts with no backup. Total bust.

With this much talent I would entertain bringing in a coach if I was Moos. I like Miles but don't think he's much of a coach.