Bracketology

Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?

• Yes
    • No, and no postseason tournament
    • No, but makes NIT

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2018 at 11:17 PM

I didn't think we were going to make the NCAA, and the NIT doesn't matter and no one cares about it, but a 5 seed is an absolute joke.  IMO this was our best team since 98 (you could argue 2nd best) and can't sniff a NIT home game.  (which in itself is telling where Nebrasketball has been the last 20 years)

This is the stuff that doesn’t make sense to me. 

......The previous 61 Big Ten teams to reach that mark made the NCAA Tournament. Nebraska, with an RPI of 56, broke that streak. Virginia Tech, NC State and Arizona State were at-large selections with higher RPIs......

......Alabama, Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona State and Syracuse set a record for most at-large teams with losing conference records. The previous record was three. But as the committee has long said, conference records and finish mean little......

Then.....a five seed in the NIT???????

That’s BS!!!!!

Edited by BigRedBuster
1 hour ago, Atbone95 said:

Well you see Bruce, we had a Q1 win that you SAID you would look at as a Q1 win when we beat Minnesota. I don't understand how Nebraska should be punished for a season-long injury and a rape accusation on a team we beat, but hey. 

So you win all the games you're supposed to... Nebraska could have beat Illinois, the committee wouldn't have cared. Nebraska could have beat Penn St., the committee wouldn't have cared. They sure as hell wouldn't have cared about UCF or St. John's. 

Nebraska could have gone 26-6 (15-3) and the committee wouldn't have cared because we couldn't beat 5 teams that are a five seed or better. And we DID beat one of those teams! 

If you want to be one of the big boys, you can't go 1-6 vs the RPI Top 50. Ultimately, the committee is going to live and die by the quadrant analysis and it just wasn't there for us.

You also need to beat the likes of UCF and St. Johns.

Edited by HuskerNBigD
6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I didn't think we were going to make the NCAA, and the NIT doesn't matter and no one cares about it, but a 5 seed is an absolute joke.  IMO this was our best team since 98 (you could argue 2nd best) and can't sniff a NIT home game.  (which in itself is telling where Nebrasketball has been the last 20 years)

Since 98?  they weren't even in the top 60 teams in the country.  This fan base has severely over rated this team, they are not that good.  That is the fact people need to start dealing with. 

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, MileHighHusker said:

how many of the "big boys" had 66% of thier top 50 RPI games on the road or neutral?

I don't know. That isn't the point. Whether the game is on the road or at home, it's pretty evident that you need to win more than one game to get in. The good teams find a way to do so.

Edit: I do think it's ridiculous that OU got in only winning 2 games since February 1st.

Edited by HuskerNBigD

2 minutes ago, HuskerNBigD said:

I don't know. That isn't the point. Whether the game is on the road or at home, it's pretty evident that you need to win more than one game to get in. The good teams find a way to do so.

One point from a win over a one seed, One suspension and injury from a win over a tournament team (minnesota). The universe hates Nebrasketball. I get it, we f*cked up at OSU and Purdue, but OU can drop 8 of their last 10 and get in? I get not making the tournament, but how the hell do we not get one home game in the NIT. Slap in the face indeed.

1 minute ago, MileHighHusker said:

One point from a win over a one seed, One suspension and injury from a win over a tournament team (minnesota). The universe hates Nebrasketball. I get it, we f*cked up at OSU and Purdue, but OU can drop 8 of their last 10 and get in? I get not making the tournament, but how the hell do we not get one home game in the NIT. Slap in the face indeed.

I don't disagree with you on the NIT argument, a 5 seed is a joke.