Bracketology

Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?

• Yes
    • No, and no postseason tournament
    • No, but makes NIT

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2018 at 11:17 PM

43 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Penn State beat them in Happy Valley.  PSU has looked better of late.

Yep.  It's hard for me to say which team will be the "upset".  Iowa almost took down MSU last night, think it could be them.  As you said PSU looking better lately and at home.  Maryland is the most likely.  I think even Wisky might give them some trouble.  

3 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Agreed. And I'd be concerned about that game if it were in Happy Valley at the end of the season instead of the Vault. 

I really think we have a 7-10 point home court advantage when the crowd shows up. And if we get into the NCAA Tourney and get a game close to home...

Wichita looks like it is the closest 1st/2nd round site.  Next would be either Detroit or Nashville.  Second weekend could be in Omaha if the Huskers can win a couple of games - Gotta break that 0-fer in the dance sometime.

3 hours ago, RedSavage said:

Yep.  It's hard for me to say which team will be the "upset".  Iowa almost took down MSU last night, think it could be them.  As you said PSU looking better lately and at home.  Maryland is the most likely.  I think even Wisky might give them some trouble.  

Could be anyone, but Iowa seems less likely since they don't bother playing defense.  Iowa could be the cure for whatever is causing their issues.  Iowa might have to score 110 to beat Michigan if they figure out their offensive issues.

As of 5 mins ago we are 55 in RPI. Gained 4 spots after beating Minnesota..  

Of all the teams on the bubble. Nebraska schedule is by far the easiest. Nebraska should win out. 23 wins will be hard for the committee to ignore, with that being said. The teams in front of us, some have a brutal schedule, aka Virginia tech. Either these teams will help Nebraska or kill Nebraska chances. 

Edited by Big red surfers
14 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

9-4 in the Big Ten and still begging to get in....what a bunch of bulls#!t.

The Big Ten is pretty average/bad after the top 3 teams (who NU only plays once) and NU had no quality non-conference wins.

If NU keeps winning, it will be hard to keep the Huskers out, but their resume isn't great right now. 

21 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The Big Ten is pretty average/bad after the top 3 teams (who NU only plays once) and NU had no quality non-conference wins.

If NU keeps winning, it will be hard to keep the Huskers out, but their resume isn't great right now. 

But never got a shot at any of the top 3 at home either.....

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Lost by 5 to Ohio State, lost by one to Kansas... is Kansas bad this year?

1 minute ago, Hayseed said:

Lost by 5 to Ohio State, lost by one to Kansas... is Kansas bad this year?

Close losses don’t mean anything. There is  no margin of victory/loss to take into account.  NU also barely beat Illinois when they were winless in the conference. 

I agree that Nebraska is playing very well right now, but they failed in close losses to KU, Ohio State, and Creighton.  If NU wins out or has 1 loss remaining in the regular season, they will still be tough to keep out, but I can see why they are on the bubble. Conference finish shouldn’t be the main qualifier. 

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Close losses don’t mean anything. There is  no margin of victory/loss to take into account.  NU also barely beat Illinois when they were winless in the conference. 

I agree that Nebraska is playing very well right now, but they failed in close losses to KU, Ohio State, and Creighton.  If NU wins out or has 1 loss remaining in the regular season, they will still be tough to keep out, but I can see why they are on the bubble. Conference finish shouldn’t be the main qualifier. 

But it always has been ...until now I guess. I agree we got off to a slow start. I disagree that close games against top teams are meaningless.