Bracketology

Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?

• Yes
    • No, and no postseason tournament
    • No, but makes NIT

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2018 at 11:17 PM

14 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

But it always has been ...until now I guess. I agree we got off to a slow start. I disagree that close games against top teams are meaningless.

I concur, especially when we know from past potential dancing ventures involving DoNU that blowout losses against inferior teams were looked at and used to weigh our resume. Why wouldn’t the converse be true? 

• Plus1 1

16 hours ago, Big red surfers said:

As of 5 mins ago we are 55 in RPI. Gained 4 spots after beating Minnesota..  

Of all the teams on the bubble. Nebraska schedule is by far the easiest. Nebraska should win out. 23 wins will be hard for the committee to ignore, with that being said. The teams in front of us, some have a brutal schedule, aka Virginia tech. Either these teams will help Nebraska or kill Nebraska chances. 

I went through the schedules of all the bubble teams and a couple that are in right now but barely and you are correct.  Schedules are brutal and teams in the ACC, SEC, and B12 are going to beat each other up left and right, most bubble teams have matchups with each other.  If we just keep wining we will sneak in.  A lot of those teams will have 2 more losses by year end.  We probably need to win out to feel comfortable, then beat Michigan in the B1G tourney and I think we lock it in.  No reason we shouldn't expect to win out with 4 home games and playing hott right now.  

1 minute ago, ScottyIce said:

Lol with what we have? Are we a short bus or something?

We dont have much to work with.

Its not like we have a state of the art new are...

Well, we dont have state of the art facil...

Our fan base doesnt show up to ga....

We dont have a huge academic suppor...

Well, Our athletic department doesnt have a huge budg...

ummm.. Wait, WE ARENT IN A WARM STATE.. Ya, thats it.. Lincoln is easily the coldest in the big... 

I got nothing.

• Plus1 3

Don't get me wrong,I don't think they're out to get Nebraska basketball, if anything the opposite has been true and we've gotten in as a charity case in the past. I just don't think that's the case this year with such a good Big Ten record , considering the many teams I've seen over the years with similar or worse records who have gotten in as 5 seeds for traditions sake. Of course all this depends on finishing out the season strong. We played the games we were told to play.