Bracketology

Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?

• Yes
    • No, and no postseason tournament
    • No, but makes NIT

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2018 at 11:17 PM

2 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

We dont have much to work with.

Its not like we have a state of the art new are...

Well, we dont have state of the art facil...

Our fan base doesnt show up to ga....

We dont have a huge academic suppor...

Well, Our athletic department doesnt have a huge budg...

ummm.. Wait, WE ARENT IN A WARM STATE.. Ya, thats it.. Lincoln is easily the coldest in the big... 

I got nothing.

Exactly, and we actually have the most depth we've ever had right now and arguably the most talent at the top of the totem pole. (Don't argue with me about that)

4 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

things like this are helpful 

Before they beat Duke, I badly wished we could have replayed St.Johns because that loss against them really sucked after how bad they were to start Big East play.

That all being said, I think the committee can look at a team like Nebraska and realize that we are as hot as any team in the country and that means something.

We need to finish strong but if we do, we are in good shape.. I hope. I dont know what to think.

The eye test tells me they belong.

No reason we shouldn't be able to win out.  We have more talent than each team we face.  We get 4 at home.  Illinois is a weird team but I think we have come together and we know we can't afford to drop a game right now.  Starts tomorrow, drub Rutgers and then big game against Maryland.  PBA needs to be lit for that one. 

• Plus1 1
39 minutes ago, Blackshirts007 said:

No reason we shouldn't be able to win out.  We have more talent than each team we face.  We get 4 at home.  Illinois is a weird team but I think we have come together and we know we can't afford to drop a game right now.  Starts tomorrow, drub Rutgers and then big game against Maryland.  PBA needs to be lit for that one. 

We are going to have an off night and one of our opponents might have a hot shooting night. 

While I am very excited about the final 5, i still think we have set ourselves up to lose 1 and still make the dance. It would require a B1G Tourney win.

Maryland and Penn State will both be tough tests but this is "put up or shut up" time. Even Miles has been coaching better but we havent blown anyone out so I am still nervous but who knows.

2 more wins should lock up the 4 seed in the big 10 tourney. That will give Nebraska the winner of iowa/Illinois/Michigan games if nothing changes from here till feb 25th. We they go 5-0 to finish the season that’s 23-8 and 14-4 in league play. I think that’s get them no matter what happens in the big ten tourney. A win in the tourney might get us a better seed in the dance. 

Just now, Big red surfers said:

2 more wins should lock up the 4 seed in the big 10 tourney. That will give Nebraska the winner of iowa/Illinois/Michigan games if nothing changes from here till feb 25th. We they go 5-0 to finish the season that’s 23-8 and 14-4 in league play. I think that’s get them no matter what happens in the big ten tourney. A win in the tourney might get us a better seed in the dance. 

As much as I want to get into the tournament, I really hope NU doesn't land in Dayton with a play-in game.  Those games are the worst!!!

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

As much as I want to get into the tournament, I really hope NU doesn't land in Dayton with a play-in game.  Those games are the worst!!!

Yeah and a win there might mean an asterisk next to Nebraska's win total in tournament history because there will be debate about whether it's really a win in the tourney.   :ahhhhhhhh

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

We are going to have an off night and one of our opponents might have a hot shooting night. 

While I am very excited about the final 5, i still think we have set ourselves up to lose 1 and still make the dance. It would require a B1G Tourney win.

Maryland and Penn State will both be tough tests but this is "put up or shut up" time. Even Miles has been coaching better but we havent blown anyone out so I am still nervous but who knows.

single players may have an "off night" but we have 4 legitamate players that could go off for 20+ any night (JPJ, Cope, Watson, Roby).  We had an off night at tOSU and JPJ single handlidly kept us in that game til the end.  The teams to finish out the schedule are nothing like tOSU and we have the benfit of home crowd.  Penn state is the scariest as they are bipolar and could shoot lights out at any time.  However, if we are 4-0 up to that game, there's absolutely no way we drop that game at home on senior night with a bid on the line. I too am very nervous we could drop one, and history shows that's what we do, but this team is finally playing together and they are damn scary when that happens.  While the B1G may be down this year, it's still impressive to go on the run we're on.  Road games are tough, MSU and Purdue barely squeaking by a lot of mediocre teams.  My head says 4-1 but my heart says we can do 5-0.