Bracketology

Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?

• Yes
    • No, and no postseason tournament
    • No, but makes NIT

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2018 at 11:17 PM

1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

Bracket Matrix takes something like 80 bracketologists and complies a list of which teams will most likely make the tournament based on those brackets. They're based on what a team has done thus far. 

Where were we on Bracket Matrix previously? I remember looking at it but don't remember if we were on "Next Four Out" or below that.

Anyhow, it was updated in the morning. So it didn't take today's games into account.

35 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

This is only true because the 13-14 team had zero post presence. 

Jordy is an absolute liability on defense/rebounding, and provides his fair share of blunders on the offensive end. Okeke is quite the opposite, but at least provides another rim protector to go along with Roby. Still haven't figured out why Jordy is first off the bench before Okeke, other than Miles being scared hurt Jordy's feelings again.

Jordy is the better offensive player.

Just now, Moiraine said:

Where were we on Bracket Matrix previously? I remember looking at it but don't remember if we were on "Next Four Out" or below that.

Anyhow, it was updated in the morning. So it didn't take today's games into account.

This is the first time in the last two weeks we've been in the "First Four Out". 

2 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

@Cdog923 Jordy is the better offensive player (between he and Okeke), but his offensive impact is still minimal. Considering Nebraska's needs as a team, I'd rather have Okeke on the floor.

I wouldn't; Jordy is enough of a threat that he has to be accounted for; Duby is not. If Duby is on the floor, his defender can help clog the lane on drives. Jordy is the better rebounder, too. 

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

I wouldn't; Jordy is enough of a threat that he has to be accounted for; Duby is not. If Duby is on the floor, his defender can help clog the lane on drives. Jordy is the better rebounder, too. 

There's isn't that much of a difference on rebounding efficiency between the two. Jordy gets a board every 3.3 minutes played, Okeke one every 3.9 minutes played. Whereas Okeke gets a block every 6 minutes played, Jordy one every 52 minutes played.

Any Div-1 player is capable of making a layup, which pretty much describes Jordy's offensive capabilities (has a okay hook shot).

I'd be surprised if Jordy comes up much in a defensive scouting report by an opponent. 

There's no right answer, but give me Okeke with this team.

Edited by B.B. Hemingway

7 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

There's isn't that much of a difference on rebounding efficiency between the two. Jordy gets a board every 3.3 minutes played, Okeke one every 3.9 minutes played. Whereas Okeke gets a block every 6 minutes played, Jordy one every 52 minutes played.

Any Div-1 player is capable of making a layup, which pretty much describes Jordy's offensive capabilities (has a okay hook shot).

I'd be surprised if Jordy comes up much in a defensive scouting report by an opponent. 

There's no right answer, but give me Okeke with this team.

Jordy scores more, has a higher shooting percentage, a much higher FT percentage, grabs more rebounds and doubles the amount of minutes that Duby does. 

In the end, though, there's a reason Roby is our starting 5. 

9 hours ago, TNelson97 said:

Don’t worry about being “next four out”. If Nebraska takes care of business we will be in. Lots of bubble teams still to play each other. Magic number for the huskers is 23 wins

I wouldn't resign myself to this line of thinking; you might be disappointed on Selection Sunday.