Bracketology

Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?

• Yes
    • No, and no postseason tournament
    • No, but makes NIT

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2018 at 11:17 PM

25 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Maybe,  but your seeing a lot of campaigning which can't hurt.  As we win there will continue to be more talk. 

Oh, it absolutely can't hurt, but they can get to 23 wins and still not have a top 50 win. That, coupled with a weak conference and an RPI in the mid-50s doesn't promise anything, especially if the bubble bursts and a bunch of Cinderellas win conference tournaments. 

5 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Oh, it absolutely can't hurt, but they can get to 23 wins and still not have a top 50 win. That, coupled with a weak conference and an RPI in the mid-50s doesn't promise anything, especially if the bubble bursts and a bunch of Cinderellas win conference tournaments. 

Agreed.  Been saying the same for weeks.  One loss in these last few games will wipe NU out of the “first or next four out” real fast.  Keep playing good team ball and need to run the table.  And Tuesday will be a battle more than some are thinking.

• Plus1 2

16 hours ago, Vizsla1 said:

If the committee is taking 4-5 out of the B1G- are we not guaranteed a spot? I get our conference is not very stellar this year, but two things come to mind:  1) The B1G is still a could draw for viewership- so I error on the side 5 teams are chosen 2). Nebraska is hot and Vegas is liking us a lot for covering the spreads- so that has to work to our advantage with the gamblers...So I say- Nebraska gets in by their chinny chin chins

I'm missing something.  You say we're not a stellar conference, but our top 3 will get high seeds.  That in itself should get the Big Ten five teams.  Michigan won tonight.  If we go 3-1 down the stretch, I say we're in.  They can't put Michigan in and not us when we beat them by 20, can they?

15 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

This is only true because the 13-14 team had zero post presence. 

Jordy is an absolute liability on defense/rebounding, and provides his fair share of blunders on the offensive end. Okeke is quite the opposite, but at least provides another rim protector to go along with Roby. Still haven't figured out why Jordy is first off the bench before Okeke, other than Miles being scared hurt Jordy's feelings again.

I think that might have been true earlier when he was thinking about quitting, but the boys are playing great together now, and Jordy is contributing.  Get on board!

36 minutes ago, Huskerlambs said:

I'm missing something.  You say we're not a stellar conference, but our top 3 will get high seeds.  That in itself should get the Big Ten five teams.  Michigan won tonight.  If we go 3-1 down the stretch, I say we're in.  They can't put Michigan in and not us when we beat them by 20, can they?

Top 3 are very good, the next 2-3 are pretty good.  The problem is the other 8 are bad or very bad.  The B1G is very top heavy this year (like the SEC usually is). 

Nebraska's biggest problem is that the only "good" win they have is Michigan.  They lost every other game they played against good teams (KU, MSU, Creighton, Purdue, OSU).  They don't have any "bad" losses, but one good win and no bad losses is not a great resume.  They have played better lately and hopefully the committee takes that into account, but there is no guarantee.  There is a chance that 22 wins gets them in, but I'd feel more comfortable if they won out (23 wins) and be mad if they won out plus 1 in the conference tournament (24 wins) and still didn't get in.

1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Have to think that goes up significantly if Nebraska wins Tuesday over Maryland.

Using the same percentages it would go up to 21%.  Winning at Illinois is the key.  That is the only game they are expected to lose and it is basically a toss up (52% for Illinois).

31 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

The one game I am still worried about is Penn State. 

All the games are scary. Maryland is fighting to get on the bubble. Illinois plays a style unlike any othe B1G team and hasn't given up on their season. Morgan from Indiana can take over a game. Penn State is in the same boat as us except they have a little more work to do.

• Plus1 1